Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

G'ville autocross, who's going?

Old 06-16-2002, 03:54 PM
I like beer.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G'ville autocross, who's going?

Anybody going to the G'ville auto x this weekend? After going to the auto x at the fairgrounds today I really wanna take a shot at auto x. Anybody plan on going???
Old 06-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Me angry, you cry

Got any more info on it? I'm trying to make it to one autox but something always comes up.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Livin' in Seattle

I'll be there with a cup of coffee trying to wake my tired ass up. The 6am drive there is going to kill me...
Old 06-16-2002, 06:19 PM

I'll be there for sure.

Remember, this is a Southeast Division SCCA event, and one of the requirements is that all comprtitors must be SCCA members.

Check out the Sediv SOLO II website at www.sedivsolo2.com and read the supplemental regulations. Membership applications should be available at registration.

Also, plan to be there early, so you don't arrive after registration closes.

Good luck. Gainesville is an awesome site, and over 200 cars will be there.

See ya there.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Eat soot

From what i heard, this auto x is already booked, if you don't have a spot reserved you won't be able to run. Has anybody heard otherwise????
Old 06-16-2002, 06:25 PM

Check out the Sediv website. The entry limited has been lifted.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:28 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Gainsville is one of the best courses I have ever seen.. its well worth the trip to compete or even watch.

I wont be in attendance however, be finalizing my apartment move and settling in
Old 06-17-2002, 01:31 PM
1337 H4x0r

I'm planning on being there on Sunday if all goes well this week.

It's true that GIR is one of the best SoloII/I sites in Florida. This event should be well worth the short trip to gvillie for any Tampa folks considering going. Are any TR.com folks running in STX this weekend @GIR??
Old 06-17-2002, 01:43 PM
1337 H4x0r

Originally posted by "leadfootedfool"

From what i heard, this auto x is already booked, if you don't have a spot reserved you won't be able to run. Has anybody heard otherwise????
<rant>Yeah, kinda like the "cool people" autox on Saturday this past weekend. Some of us paying SCCA members have a life outside the SCCA and don't have the time or desire to kiss butt all the time and think it's a bit unfair when certain NON-SCCA members get SPECIAL butt kisser treatment. I feel that I should not have to kiss anyones butt participate in ALL/ANY SCCA events allowable by the rules.</rant>

I know I'm crying here but it still seems a little messed up to me.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:00 PM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by "lstepnio"

Originally Posted by leadfootedfool
<rant>Yeah, kinda like the "cool people" autox on Saturday this past weekend. Some of us paying SCCA members have a life outside the SCCA and don't have the time or desire to kiss butt all the time and think it's a bit unfair when certain NON-SCCA members get SPECIAL butt kisser treatment. I feel that I should not have to kiss anyones butt participate in ALL/ANY SCCA events allowable by the rules.</rant>

I know I'm crying here but it still seems a little messed up to me.
There were no non SCCA members there. Frank put it best in the drivers meeting. No one is required to do any more than show up, work their worker assignment, make their runs and leave. There is nothing wrong with that for those who only want to put forth that much effort. No criticism there. For those who put forth additional effort to make it happen for everybody, there are additional benefits. You should be glad people are willing to work extra hard so you don't have to....