Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Good Deals on Auto-X Helmets

Old 06-14-2002, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deals on Auto-X Helmets

Whether it was accidentally sold during our garage sale before we moved to tampa or if it is still packed away somewhere, I couldn't find my old motorcycle/autocross helmet. Since my old helmet was was getting pretty nasty anyways I decided to just buy a new helmet.

All the local stores wanted rip off prices for a Snell approved helmet so I remembered that when I worked at a motorcycle shop that we lost a lot of accessory sales to the Dennis Kirk catalog.

Like most major catalogers they had a web site and great deals on a large selection of helmets.

In their clearance section I found a good full faced Bieffe helmet that even with shipping set me back only about $80. Thats almost half of what the local stores wanted for the same helmet.

Just in case any of you are looking for a good auto-x helmet for cheap the link is below. If some of you hate loaner helmets as bad as I do but don't own your own helmet yet, perhaps you may find something you want to buy there.

http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/lists/whatsdiscount.asp?ProdsubType=helmets

If you don't know your size, just try on a few helmets at your local MC shop, check what size fits you best and order that size on line.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:09 PM
drives euro trash

I picked up a SNELL2000 Bieffe fullfaced at Automotive Engineering in Clearwater for around $90 a few months back. My only complaint is I can't figure out how to take the shield off.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:15 PM

The side plastic pieces that cover the pivot areas snap right off.

Just use your bear hands or a small screwdriver to pop them off (straight out from the helmet), take off the visor and the positioner clickers and snap the plastic holder pieces back in.

I learned how to do that with Bieffes years ago while working at the MC shop. First thing I did when I got it was remove the visor.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:28 PM
Haul'n the Family

Already have one....but thanks for the info...I'm sure someone will make good use of it.