Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

best auto-x car?

Old 06-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Custom User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmn Auto X sounds nice =) Love Racing not in staight line

wonder if driver or *russian* roads for 5 years and pretty much same style driving american roads counts as good

russian roads are like a fucking constant track with turns curves lowhils, uphils, etc uggghhh i need a new car =\
Old 06-03-2002, 05:14 PM
BOOSTEDNATION.ORG

Funny no one mentioned a Neon. I've seen a few of them at some of the races.

Old 06-03-2002, 06:01 PM
OUCH!!!

Default Re: ? ? ?

Originally posted by "400HP930"

I have been running in A Prepared for what I assumed were my intake and exhaust mods in addtion to the 17" wheels. Then again I have always been honest with the registration people about the mods. Perhaps it was an error on the inspector's part and I really belong in A Stock.

Does anyone know exactly what is the line you have to cross to go from stock to prepared? If someone has the official SCCA docs any help would be appreciated. If someone can look this up for me I have the following:
Actually, you are in the right by classing yourself properly. It's someplace in the rulebook (which isn't handy to me right now as I'm in TX and it's at home.. ), but it reads something like this....

It is the duty of the driver to properly classify their car not the duty of tech. Tech is there to tech cars for safety purposes and to assist drivers in classifing their cars. If someone feels that you have improperly competed in a class, it is their right to petition your car at which point in time event staff will make a determination as to whether the protested mods are permitted within the class... if they aren't, your times are thrown out.

If somebody really wants it, I'll find the proper places in the rulebook and give you page numbers...

I'm not gonna quote it... spend the 15.00 on it...
Old 06-03-2002, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the info. Now that I think about it the point is pretty moot since I will have internal engine mods in the next month or two and that will certainly put me over the edge.

I just got a little peaved to think that I might have made almost a dozen runs in the wrong class. Even if that is the case its good to know I still managed a second place win in that category.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:41 PM

cat back is allowed in stock, as are shocks and struts.

springs move you immediately, as does any intake, chip or performance mod other than a K&N (or other air filter)

You are in ASP properly you big ol' 400HP930. Speaking of which, I might have to find a corvette to drive for that weekend, because I SUCK ASS in a formula car. I actually like more weight in what I drive. Maybe by then I'll have it down though... maybe.

EVERYTHING that has been said about getting a car to autoX is absolutely right.
Learn to drive. Get something you'll like on the street that is not opposed to turning well, and you'll be just fine. Use the money you save from buying a cheaper car to take an Evolution Driving School this winter and come KICK ASS next year once you've got seat time adn teh class this year.

-Shawn
Old 06-04-2002, 04:29 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Evolution Driving school.. got links ?.. could be a good christmas present for myself
Old 06-04-2002, 05:04 AM

http://autocross.com/evolution/
Old 06-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Haul'n the Family

For under 6K you can pick up a clean used Miata or late 80's Mustang 5.0
I'd say if you are planning to go on to club racing or plan to do a lot of racing and want a durable car, then get a rear driver. If you look at Miatas...only look at '94 and later for larger engine and chassis stiffening.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Eat soot

I know I'm jumping in here late, but don't forget about the neon acr. Prices have bottomed and with new konis, springs and sticky tires you'd have a very fast autox or even road race car.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:37 AM

Neon ACR's COME with KONI adjustables, ALL you need is sticky tires and an engine rebuilt... recommendably a blueprint and balance with new seals because they leak oil badly.

ONCE that is done, you'll have a car that dominates it's stock class, but is no fun to street race (lol).

the car turns like it's on fucking speed and crack all at once, but it's still a neon.

to be REAL about it... three (or 4) of the BEST autocross cars you can get are:

-Integra Type R, modded specifically for STX
-BMW 325Ti (?) prepared for DSP
-Miata, stock class preparation
-Fox Body Mustang fully prepared for ESP or SM, which means no blower BUT you can still have a fast as fuck street car.

me personally, I am trying a different route, as I have a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi which I am finishing the preparation for SM once I get a tranny in it.

-Shawn