Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

solo 1 ??questions??

Old 05-25-2002, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone race in solo 1? what the differnce and how often do they run? what kinda classes are offerd? thanks eric
Old 05-25-2002, 08:27 AM
OUCH!!!

I can answer a little bit on this....

Solo I is faster. The courses are more open. You get multiple laps each time you go out. Im not totaly sure about classing. I know they run the standard solo 2 classes (excluding novice) but I think there are some additional ones as well. There are more safety requirements.

Ill let 138MustangGT answer the rest of this since hes run in an actual event and really knows.
Old 05-25-2002, 09:59 AM

thanks!
Old 05-25-2002, 12:04 PM

yeah Ive kinda run a Solo Trials event its a transitional event between solo II and solo I where the course is FAST and there is no required safety equipment (generally)

if you have an open top car you have to have a roll bar if you have a harness you have to have a roll bar (dont ask why) uhhh if you have a MOD or Prepared car you have to have a cage nad other equipment Street Mod is considered a Street Class (not a mod class) for this purpose and no equipment is required.

youll do a warm up lap (usually about 7/8 of a lap before you getto the timing equipment) then 3 HOT laps each will be timed.
that is sone session... there will usually be 3 to 4 sessions in a day.

At Gainesville well race a .8-.9 mile section ofthe road course and see speeds around 95 in some sections if you have an exceptionally fast car. i MEAN exceptionally fast. like formula Mazda fast. for reference i have seen 80 in the mustang twice on the course and exited a corner doing 65+

-Shawn
its a freaking blast!!!`
Old 05-25-2002, 01:28 PM

i think solo 1 is more my style i have raced on almost every track in the east and know by heart all tracks in south east many hours on daytona robeling road road atlanta moroso serbing ( long and short ) west palm mid ohio charolte rockingham etc........ thanks eric
Old 05-25-2002, 01:43 PM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 138MustangGT

yand exited a corner doing 65+
Ive pulled that off on at solo 2 in gville... of course we wont talk about what ensued after...
Old 05-25-2002, 04:32 PM

gainesville autoXes are not REALLY solo IIs... you know that.
weve seen excessive speeds all over the course especially compared to VCC and even compared to FSF. speed at gville are on average 10mph greater than FSF and 15-20 > VCC.

Solo 1 IS usually run on a road course but to Solo 1 you will need a cage drivers suit fire extinguisher and some other shit. its far more expensive and Ill be doing it soon enough!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2002, 07:17 PM

Yeah I too would love the speed laps and size of a Solo I event but I sure dont want to hack up my car to install all the required safety equipment.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:27 PM

thats why there are Solo Trials

slightly slower but fast enough for most
no safety equiment required
BUT rare

Old 05-26-2002, 04:39 AM
Guy

Keep in mind that you need different licencing to race in
solo 1 or in solo trials. for me i have the $25 dollar
speed freakz membership that entitles me to solo 2 only.

But yes eventually solo 1!!!