Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Hey Bill...

Old 01-12-2002, 12:31 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know if it makes any difference to you but I have decided to focus on SCCA events this year for the following reason:

Miata/Sunriders: The course is tight. Not too tight for the R but its hard to get any real speed on their course

Martin SCC (Orlando): Nice set-up and great people but the gravely conditions leave a bit to be desired...

Porsche/BMW club: They have all but stopped there Auto-Xs but they do have an event scheduled for mid year at a St Pete Airport. I may drop in...you know how they like those fast courses

GulfCoast Auto-Xers: Great location awesome track. Just a long drive. Ill try to make it to there SCCA events...but other than that too far.

Im looking for SCCA points this year. Running in the Stock class .

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 01-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See Im the opposite. I dont feel like waking up at the butt-crack of dawn just to drive two hours or so out of my way for an auto-x. Id much rather prefer going to all the local events I can and just wake up at a reasonable hour.

Still though the Gainesville track is friggin sweet and Im hoping Ill be able to make it to that one.

Perhaps one day Ill get concerned about ranking and try to attend a shitload of SCCA events. Till then wherever courses of cones appear near my area I shall do my best to run around them and hit a few.