Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

If you had $20,000, what car would you buy, and why?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:36 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rallek
If your gonna do research on cars, look at more than just HP. Look at weight and torque also.
lol spoken like a true american car guy...

try looking at things such as weight, suspension geometry, weight distribution, rotor size, skid pad, braking distance, etc etc

and then go and drive one. If you drove an E46 M3 and thought your mustang was relatively close to it in any sense then you were obviously high on the crack rocks that you can barely afford. All of the Motorsport cars (///M) are GT cars. That means they are supposed to be as track oriented as possible while still maintaining excellent daily driveability. As an all-around car it is better in literally every single category. You can keep up in a straight line? woop dee friggin doo, go join vin diesel out in california for the new Fast and Furious movie, im sure they need a sweet super-fast mustang gt in it.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 AM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

Originally Posted by BisquitMan
Nationwide search on Autotrader only show 92 for 20K or less (the closest being 550 miles away). I guess if you added the weights of all 92 it would qualify as "tons", but I wouldn't say the market is flooded.
Ok smartass, go look up blue book on the car. Who cares what they're listed for on autotrader? How many of them are selling at their listed price?

A 2001 M3 in "excellent" condition with 80k miles; KBB says it's worth $15,800. Apparently they ARE selling for under $20k. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand KBB obtains its pricing by collecting information about actual sales. Key word being "actual".

edit, lol at the mustang guy. the reason the magazines have better times than you've seen others get at the track is because they have capable drivers behind the wheel, and/or better track conditions. just because the guy racing you with an M3 couldn't drive for shit, doesn't make it slow.

Last edited by NeedCAforS13; 12-29-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
lol spoken like a true american car guy...

try looking at things such as weight, suspension geometry, weight distribution, rotor size, skid pad, braking distance, etc etc

and then go and drive one. If you drove an E46 M3 and thought your mustang was relatively close to it in any sense then you were obviously high on the crack rocks that you can barely afford. All of the Motorsport cars (///M) are GT cars. That means they are supposed to be as track oriented as possible while still maintaining excellent daily driveability. As an all-around car it is better in literally every single category. You can keep up in a straight line? woop dee friggin doo, go join vin diesel out in california for the new Fast and Furious movie, im sure they need a sweet super-fast mustang gt in it.
What LD says. Or better yet - go buy a 1984-1989 911. Work your way up the ladder at PCA = track days. Do stock E or F class - get your competition SCCA license - then go from there. If you can learn to drive an ass heavy 911 fast - driving an evo or STI will seem like child's play.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:13 AM

philippe, congratulations on your purchase. Thread closed.

Jeremy