Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemons find

94 plmouth duster
Old 11-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Race Photographer

shit that be a great car to fix up and flip. Though I bet its goings more issues than that

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 11-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Really..?? who would want a duster.

its not even a cool old one from the 70s.. its like a shadow right.. If a 15 year old 7 series BMW is only selling for 2k.. id bet a nice pretty duster would only be worth 1k tops.. and thats if the AC worked.. And I know how much fun it is to fix AC on old cars.

I woulndt even trust it as a lemons car.. sorry I dont have high opinions of chrysler products from that era.

any way my 2 cents..
Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Do not fear me gypsy

our local autocross/rallycross beater is a plymouth sundance. that thing was great till i blew the motor. we sourced up another motor and a five speed tranny and are working on swapping it now. let me just say aside from a daewoo, that is the greatest car you can get for beating up and having fun.

Free NoComply540!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 PM

Here you want a car to beat up.. or make a lemons car..

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/919243502.html

OR

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/919064976.html
Old 11-14-2008, 03:15 PM

My daily is a LeMons dream. AE86 for $450.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally Posted by bam2002
Here you want a car to beat up.. or make a lemons car..

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/919243502.html
i sometimes drive an impala like that at work. they're huge pieces of shit but are relatively quick. the best is flying up behind people on the road and they think you're a cop
Old 11-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Race Photographer

its not even a cool old one from the 70s.. its like a shadow right.. If a 15 year old 7 series BMW is only selling for 2k.. id bet a nice pretty duster would only be worth 1k tops.. and thats if the AC worked.. And I know how much fun it is to fix AC on old cars.

I woulndt even trust it as a lemons car.. sorry I dont have high opinions of chrysler products from that era.

any way my 2 cents..
they are shitty looking and shitty built cars, but the 2.2/2.5s are pretty good motors and there is so many of them in junkyards you could get spares of anything all day long. PLus the cars are pretty much all the same chassis including the vans themselves.

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 11-14-2008, 04:06 PM
legend behind the cowl

any way my 2 cents..
Actually the duster was the naturally aspirated performance version (stripped down) of the sundance, I do have to comment that your opinion is coming from someone that owns more then one French cars????

Seriously, the P bodies had over 600 million invested in design and engineering, 3 times the typical car in the late 80's. and were an excellent platform. the lackluster 2.2 and 2.5 engine and Chryslers complete lack of promotion killed sales. Chrysler was loosing money on every P body ever sold, and therefore used it 1 for a racing platform, and 2 a CAFE lowering device. the neon cost chrysler 1/2 of the P body to build.

there are some tried and true modifications for the TBI cars, cranking up the timing and adding fuel pressure (since they run lean for mileage) a healthy 125 or so horsepower would make a good lemons racer.

there are a bunch of Turbo and V6 versions littering junkyards so to make a Junkyard dog CSX is not hard, or even outside of Lemons budget constaints.

but with the crappy 1980's tires the factory Pbody pulled .80 G's on the skidpad. that number can be close to .9 with good tires. since for some reason Chrysler actually tuned this suspension to work. with some camber and a cheap coil over kit. I'm guessing a near 1G car can be put together on the cheap.

The Straight four was derived from the old slant six. and except for crappy head gaskets (you bmw fans are familiar with this) it's a stout package but with modern gasket materials this can be solved.

The CSX is a little snot rocket, so all that Carrol Shelby engineering is availble at near ZERO cost.

Last edited by treekiller; 11-14-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 AM

Speaking of LeMons...the 2009 schedule is supposed to come out TODAY!! Lets hope the economy doesn't put us all in the crapper and not let us play next year...