Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Track event at Sebring 12/9

Old 12-15-2001, 01:57 PM
Haul'n the Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what exactly is required to drive at a Sebring Track days event. Besides signing up of course. What safety equip and such? What is the cost as well? Do you have to be a SCCA member?
Old 12-16-2001, 05:37 PM
Auto-x/HPDE user

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by fastforward
what exactly is required to drive at a Sebring Track days event. Besides signing up of course. What safety equip and such? What is the cost as well? Do you have to be a SCCA member?
You only have to pass a basic tech inspection like at an auto-x but they look a little more closely and you also have to have a qualified mechanic inspect your car. Check out www.chinmotorsports.com for more information or email me at B18cJDM@cs.com if you have anymore questions.

Dave sorry I didnt come up and say hey I was busy all day giving rides and having too much fun but I did see you and never got a chance to run with you and see what you got maybe next time

Chin Motorsports Driving School
Old 12-17-2001, 08:13 PM

CivEk4: N/P I saw you as well but everytime I remembered that I should go say hi you either were on track or I never got there. It was a fun day though my rear pads glazed in the middle of the 2nd session so I was going easy on the brakes from then on.. the bias was (obviously) so screwed up from the rear pads that the car was braking like ass. Sigh I left all my other pads in Largo (thought I had some was going to let Cliff use a set of blues only to find out I didnt have them with me. DOH!)

Ill be at the April event.. maybe not with the GS-R though.. will hopefully have a G2 Teg then (building it for SCCA ITA club racing).

You going to come to the dynoday on jan 12th to hang out and/or dyno?
Old 12-18-2001, 02:51 PM
Auto-x/HPDE user

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by Dave-ROR

Ill be at the April event.. maybe not with the GS-R though.. will hopefully have a G2 Teg then (building it for SCCA ITA club racing).

You going to come to the dynoday on jan 12th to hang out and/or dyno?
Cool I cant wait till I can take my car off the street and finish prepping it for SPU. Do you have a link to information on this dyno day?

Edit: found it dont think ill be making it maybe if it was in Orlando.

Chin Motorsports Driving School