Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Haloween Stages Rally

Old 08-07-2008, 08:55 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haloween Stages Rally

I am considering running the Halloween Stages Rally at ERS on the 23,24,25th of October. (in the fall festival of speed)

This is going to hinge on if I can get Barry to let me Squeeze the lemon once more. the car is >20 years old. so we can run in historic class.

I doubt many of you have done one but There is no other experience like a performance rally.

Estimated cost to run the 3 day event is $300. that should cover Room Gas Towing etc.

While the Rally is "only" 65 miles and 99% tarmac we will still need some service crew. but most importantly I need someone willing to navigate.. being a navi in performance rally is a lot easier then a TSD since you get to write your own pace notes on thursday.. then as long as you can communicate that in a car blasting down a one lane road at 70 you'll be fine.

I'll throw in one of the Alfa Clubs into the car so you don't have to mess with the confusing Alfa Elite.

Barry Call me.. or PM me your phone number. since if you're game I'll need to weld a couple reinforcements to the cage to pass NASA Rallysport tech. and I can help you rebuild/replace the engine etc, I'm unemployed still.

The Rally and road races are run at separate times if someone wants to race in the NASA roadrace too we can combine expenses.. I'm not interested in the roadrace, Since I know the Rally is going to satisfy an itch I've had for 5 years.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
legend behind the cowl

Now keep in mind, when I was a kid, In the 80's before the days of WRC and Impreza's Before Spectator Saftey was a concern.

there was one Tarmac rally car that I lusted after.

the Prodrive E30 The Image of Snijers Powersliding a his E30 still is burned in my brain. I can honestly say rally E30's were one of the reasons I first got into motor sports.

M3 E30

Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Fuckelberry Hound

do the cars need to be street legal for this?
DILLIGAF?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:43 AM
legend behind the cowl

usually yes.. rally cars have to be "licensed" I doubt any of them are "street legal."

now this event is diffrent since none of the stages are run on public roads.
they closed the whole airport for the 2 days so all the access roads and runways are being used. they are allowing all logbooked cars to run.

Now it is a club rally, so you should be able to get licensed on the spot, I'll have to ask about the details since I currently

Now you HAVE to qualify for the safety regs of rallysport. which means a FIA approved seats and a few cage changes but nothing too hard.