Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Tips to IMPROVE 60 times???

Old 07-18-2001, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This question would apply more to our rear-drive auto owners out there. My best 1/4 mile time and 60 ft time is in my sig.

This was with Nitto NT555R Drag radials at 22psi. Im guessing that Im only putting out about 200hp and 215lb torque at the wheels and weight is about 2875 including driver. Rear-drivers out there do you usually run with a full tank of gas to increase weight over the rear-end or with only a few gallons for less total weight to push off out of the hole??

With around 53/47 front/rear weight distribution Im sure Im better off in that category than the V8 rear drivers.

Im sure Nissan set the suspension on this car more for handling than straight line performance but Id like to drop my 60 foot time down to around 1.8-1.9. I do have a LSD and here is a pic of the rear suspension

Please only respond if you have actual track numbers backing up your suggestions for improvements.

Thanks

Old 07-18-2001, 03:02 AM
No Ants Drift Member

i run with little gas and little air pressure..but not too little to buckle the tire..

i run a consistant 2.351 60 time

but if you want to INCREASE your 60 time like your topic suggests.. then just coast..
Old 07-18-2001, 04:03 AM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by VortecFL

but if you want to INCREASE your 60 time like your topic suggests.. then just coast..
how about IMPROVE

Old 07-18-2001, 04:06 AM

And I cant even edit the Topic GRRRRRRRRRR..........
Old 07-19-2001, 07:30 PM
some idiot

I have a C4 (automatic) and I run slicks. My best 60 is a 1.62.
Im sure my technique is alot different than yours. I try to keep my weight down as much as possible so I only run w/ less than 1/4 tank. You didnt say whether youre spinning or not. If you are theres obviously a whole bunch of reasons for that. Not getting the tires hot enough or just simply coming out too hot. Independant rear suspensions are not really suited for drag racing. You obviously want a soft suspension set-up in the front to get weight transfer and a moderate set-up in the rear to get it to squat. You might want to contact some suspension companies for adjustable coil-overs and shocks (if you havnt done that already.)

I havnt run the nittos personally but anyone I know who has uses around 15-18psi w/ a real good burn out. Radial tires dont heat up near as fast as slicks so you have to do a longer burnout. Youll have to be a little more specific w/ your problem (spinning bogging etc). Hope you get it to hook. Its an awsome feeling.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by bottlefed
I have a C4 (automatic) and I run slicks. My best 60 is a 1.62.

I havnt run the nittos personally but anyone I know who has uses around 15-18psi w/ a real good burn out. Youll have to be a little more specific w/ your problem (spinning bogging etc). Hope you get it to hook. Its an awsome feeling.
Seems like my best 60 of a 2.1 was with just a hint of wheel spin. Usually when my times are worse I either light the back tires up too much or bog horribly. With the stock turbo boost FULL boost comes on around 2900 rpm which probably isnt helping my launch either.

I do have front strut brace larger aftermarket front and rear swaybars eibach springs and aftermarket struts. Im sure all of this stiffening/strengthing isnt helping either. If I decide to sacrifice handling for improve straight line performance I could always go back to factory somewhat mushy springs/strut combo.

I may just wait until I switch to my larger turbo and see how the car acts then with boost coming on at a higher rpm.

What I think I really need is a nice burn-out. Just didnt want to screw up the rear brakes.
Thinking about trying to order a linelock kit from summit and make it work
Old 07-21-2001, 10:38 AM

...best tip is to wait to winter...its too damn hot out to get good times at the track.
Old 07-21-2001, 02:20 PM
AuH20 in '64

I run a consistent 2.2 in the camaro with a 1/4 tank of gas but Im still getting wheelspin....Im going to try it out next thursday with 1/2 a tank or even 3/4 tank

Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
Article I Section 8 gives Congress the power to do whatever Congress deems necessary.
Old 07-23-2001, 02:45 AM
No Ants Drift Member

Originally posted by SR20DET
youre welcome
Old 07-23-2001, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by VortecFL
Originally Posted by Someone
Originally posted by SR20DET
youre welcome
Your my hero :blush: