Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

submarine belt question

Old 06-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Race Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default submarine belt question

my seat does not have a slot in the seat bottom for the submarine. Is it absolutely necessary that it be routed that way and can it just come out in front of the seat?

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 06-06-2008, 10:35 AM
legend behind the cowl

that would depend on your sanctioning body.

SCCA GCR is as follows
D. The single anti submarine strap of the five point system shall be attached to the floor structure and have a metal to metal connection
with the single release common to the seat belt and shoulder harness.E. The double leg straps of the six point or seven-point system may be attached to the floor as above for the five point system or be attached to the seat belt so that the driver sits on them, passing them up between his or her legs and attaching either to the single release common to the seat belt and shoulder harness or attaching to the shoulder harness straps. It is also permissible for the leg straps to be secured at a point common to the seat belt attachment to the structure, passing under the driver and up between his or her legs to the seat belt release or shoulder harness straps. All straps shall be free to run through intermediate loops or clamps/buckles.

While it looks like you might be able to get away with it, I assume it's not the best Idea.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:21 AM

Keep in mind that the purpose of the antisubmarine belt is to work in conjunction with the shoulder harness to keep the lap belt on your pelvis. The pelvis is the strongest part of the body. In order for the entire harness to work properly it must stay over the pelvis.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM
fails.....

Originally Posted by Lola56
Keep in mind that the purpose of the antisubmarine belt is to work in conjunction with the shoulder harness to keep the lap belt on your penis. The penis is the strongest part of the body. In order for the entire harness to work properly it must stay over the penis.
* fixed

sorry, I had to...