Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

June 1st, Auto-X school, by Suncoast Z Car Club

Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Fuckelberry Hound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June 1st, Auto-X school, by Suncoast Z Car Club

We have about 7-8 spots open right now. This is a killer deal and two great instructors. We did this last year and every time I auto X I refer to the knowledge Jean and John gave us. Very very worth it.

Hello everyone!

Join Suncoast for the best event of the year on June 1st at St. Petersburg College South Campus. We have scheduled an autocross school to be taught by John Thomas and Jean Kinser. This is your opportunity to get behind the wheel and receive professional, one-on-one instructions from two of the best drivers around!

Credentials:

John Thomas
Autocrossing for 25 years
Experience with front drive competing in a Honda Civic for about half that time and the other half in a 240Z
Instructor for the Evolution Performance Driving School, BMWCCA and local SCCA AutoX Schools
13 SCCA Solo II National Championships
Holds the record for the most Open Class National Championships
Holds the record for the most National Championships in a row (11)

AND

Jean Kinser
former founder and owner of The Evolution Performance Driving School. Here is a link to her credentials. http://autocross.com/evolution/modul...rial.php?tid=2

Cost: $140 per person. The club will not be making any money from this event. All entry fees will pay for the track rental, insurance, lunch and drinks. John and Jean are volunteering their time because of their love of autocrossing. Pre-Payment is required.

This event will be capped at 14 participants. Groups will rotate between driving and working the course.

Your car will be teched in the morning. Please make sure your tires, brakes, seat belts (driver and passenger) are in safe, good and working condition and that your battery is secure. Make sure to remove all loose items from your car, front back and trunk and remove the front floor mats.

Things to bring:

1. Helmet - if you have any spares, please bring them; if you do not have one, don't worry, there will be extras. (If you plan to borrow a helmet, please bring a headsock or bandanna).

2. Enough gas - you don't want to have to leave the autocross looking for more gas, but don't fill up completely either because it will make your car too heavy.

3. There is a covered picnic area, but you may want to bring a folding chair

4. Sunscreen or rain jacket (depending on the weather forecast)

5. Air pump and pressure gauge. Please make sure your tires are filled prior to arriving; if you need to add or remove air, you can do it at tech inspection.

6. The club will provide food and sodas for lunch, and water throughout the day. If you want anything else, please bring it.

The following is a rough itinerary for the day:

7:30 - 8:00 Registration and Tech
8:00 - 9:00 Class Session
9:00 - 9:30 Course Walk
9:45 - 1:00 Driving Sessions
1:00 - 1:30 Lunch
1:45 - 5:00 Driving Sessions
5:00 - 5:30 Wrap Up

During wrap up, EVERYBODY should help setting up the cones for the motorcycle course. Don`t be a shit bag like a couple people last year that thought they were to good to shlep cones.

Payments must be received in advance to guarantee your spot, and can be paid to Kyle by cash, check (mailing address 4026 1/2 W. Henderson Blvd, Tampa, Florida 33629, payable to Suncoast Z Car Club) or paypal at eightygritt@yahoo.com (paypal add 3%). Please include contact information (email address and phone number) with payment so we can provide you with a confirmation. This event was a huge success last year – don’t miss it. Feel free to pass the word along if you know of someone who may be interested.

Thanks,

kyle
el presidente
DILLIGAF?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 AM
The Fat Cobra

Is this for beginners, or will some advanced instruction be provided? I am interested, but I attended the Evo school in 2002 and have been autoxing since 2000.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Hold one spot!! I'll pay pal you. Signing my son up!

Scott
Old 05-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Fuckelberry Hound

Originally Posted by Muddy
Is this for beginners, or will some advanced instruction be provided? I am interested, but I attended the Evo school in 2002 and have been autoxing since 2000.
talk to john and jean before hand, they will tailor your training when they are with you individually.

or if you want to pm me your number and i`ll give it to john for him to call you and you guys can talk it over
DILLIGAF?

Last edited by gritt; 05-13-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:47 PM

I will pay thru paypal if you still have an opening
Mike (bama_rebel2000)
Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 AM

Save me a spot. I sent a PM.
Thanks, Mark
Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 AM
The Fat Cobra

I decided to register. Paypal sent.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:33 AM

Sent in my payment today. See you guys there.
Really looking forward to this.

I can bring 2 extra helmets if really needed. Let me know.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Spin Out
Sent in my payment today. See you guys there.
Really looking forward to this.

I can bring 2 extra helmets if really needed. Let me know.
Extra helmets would be great. I had to share my helmet with someone last year but it was too big so it was difficult for her to drive. Plus, it was nasty for both of us to keep putting on that sweaty helmet (even though I was wearing a head sock.)

Last year we had a very eclectic group of cars for this class. A couple of classic Datsun Zs, two Z31s, a 1st gen. MR2, 2 350Zs, a Boxster S, a 944 turbo, a Miata, a Jetta, and a Forester (yikes!). There were more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

This year I'll be in the 986 S (maybe with a new set of R compounds.) Hopefully we will have another group of diverse cars. It's cool watching how the different cars behave out on the course.

Edit: Spinout, just saw your list of cars. Will you be bringing the Delorean? Please!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:05 AM

I'll be bringing Miata.
The Miata has R-Compounds and more horsepower.
The DMC only has around 135hp.

Will there be timing equipment?
I'll need to see how close I can get to Muddy.

Oh, and I'll try to bring 2 loaner helments.