Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

S&R Performance 4 wheel corner balancing

Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Lucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loren
We all need another option for good performance alignments... wanna share what they charge for a custom 4-wheel alignment?
Another place that I use is Cars and Concepts. $150 for my custom alignment.

~James
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

had this done to my hatch by Cars and Concepts and absolutley love the difference it made with the alignment settings that I specified.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by RX007CYM
Another place that I use is Cars and Concepts. $150 for my custom alignment.

~James
I think they have been the standard go-to, and their ability's are proven, they just tend to have quite a booked schedule, 3-4 weeks at times. so the competition is a welcome thing In my opinion.

In the grand scheme the difference between a $75 tire shop alignment and a performance shop is worlds apart. I had a lifetime alignment from Firestone but they would keep lying to me and set the car back to stock specs. Like I couldn't tell the difference. and then fight me when I brought it back, just awful.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:16 AM

S and R Only charges $100 for a custom alignment and $300 for alignment with four wheel corner balancing. Proven to improve performance on and off the track. Can't beat their one year old state of the art alignment system.

They even do custom rear camber bolts on the G35s and 350Zs.

Just go check it out.

www.sandrperformance.com
Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 AM

New high quality alignment equipment is great, but for custom alignments, it means NOTHING without a good tech behind it. Give me an experienced tech who understands performance alignment with a 20-year old *calibrated* rack over the latest greatest technology and some tech who doesn't understand how or why to adjust something outside of the "green" any day!

I know that both of the shops we're talking about have great techs, I'm just sayin'... it's not the equipment that's hard to find, it's the expertise. That's what makes these guys worth more than the average tire shop alignment.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Loren
New high quality alignment equipment is great, but for custom alignments, it means NOTHING without a good tech behind it. Give me an experienced tech who understands performance alignment with a 20-year old *calibrated* rack over the latest greatest technology and some tech who doesn't understand how or why to adjust something outside of the "green" any day!

I know that both of the shops we're talking about have great techs, I'm just sayin'... it's not the equipment that's hard to find, it's the expertise. That's what makes these guys worth more than the average tire shop alignment.
Very true! The best way is to visit the shop, talk to the tech, and check with customers they have worked on.