Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Well the Miata club auto-x went pretty damn well..

Old 03-25-2001, 01:03 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of all the people who said they were going to show it ended up being just me and Taylor who ran. Later on BabyD15 and B16a??? showed up and that was it. Oh well you all missed a ton of fun.
I ended up getting a best time of 61.6 but hit a cone so it was 62.6. Oh well not too shabby for my first time. The car handled really well but I just need to get used to controlling the rear end and work on the steering (waaaay too much slop).
Later on during the fun runs Taylor rode with me and I rode with him...talk about different. Its a whole new experience riding with someone else. We also traded cars for one lap and Id just like to point out that when Taylor complains about his tires hes got a reason to...those things must be made out of butter.

Oh and now I totally agree with what Charles (Ricerocket) said in an earlier post. Once you autocross street racing just doesnt appeal anymore. Hmmmm drive in a straight line really fast against someone or throw your car through corners without risk of injury or fine...I think the choice is simple.

Hopefully Ill see some of you up at the next autocross. Oh and Taylor...PINK.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:41 PM
TIME OUT

sounds like we have another satisfied customer for the world of auto-x glad to hear you had a great time bill....and taylor and pink in the same sentence sounds kinda fishy
Old 03-26-2001, 04:13 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by Bill

Oh and now I totally agree with what Charles (Ricerocket) said in an earlier post. Once you autocross street racing just doesnt appeal anymore. Hmmmm drive in a straight line really fast against someone or throw your car through corners without risk of injury or fine...I think the choice is simple.

I told you!

Sorry I couldnt make it. I think there were more members there than you think. I heard Kenji was there (he is a silent member) and there was another Type-R there as well maybe TypeR892? the new member from riverview?

Well Maybe next weekend!!!

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 03-26-2001, 01:23 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by NosExtreme
sounds like we have another satisfied customer for the world of auto-x glad to hear you had a great time bill....and taylor and pink in the same sentence sounds kinda fishy
I had a great time. Cant wait till the next one. One of the guys there was telling me and Taylor about some autocross event in Ft. Meyers. It happens 10 months out of the year and its a two day event (Sat and Sun). The first day they have two tracks set up. One is for practice runs the other is a training course where you learn how to drive your car. On the last day the two courses are combined and everyone just goes at it.

Originally posted by RiceRocket
I told you!
Sorry I couldnt make it. I think there were more members there than you think. I heard Kenji was there (he is a silent member) and there was another Type-R there as well maybe TypeR892? the new member from riverview?
Well Maybe next weekend!!!
Kenji was there? What does he look like? I still think hes imaginary.
There were two type-Rs there one had a VERY nice JDM front end conversion. Mmmmmm
Well hopefully well meet up at the next one and you can give me some pointers for driving these damn civics. Ive never pushed my car that hard before so it definately felt different. I need to learn how to control it better.
Old 03-26-2001, 01:40 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Type-R with JDM Front End= KENJI (see he does exist!!!)

Ft Myers- Gulf Coast Autocrossers! They have an event THIS weekend and I may go on Sunday.

Check the calander there events are posted.

Charles

Old 03-26-2001, 01:51 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by RiceRocket
Type-R with JDM Front End= KENJI (see he does exist!!!)

Ft Myers- Gulf Coast Autocrossers! They have an event THIS weekend and I may go on Sunday.

Check the calander there events are posted.

Charles
Ya but what the hell does Kenji look like? I saw the car but not the driver. Why the hell is that guy so damn mysterious. Hell Ill see Santa Claus before I catch a glimpse of Kenji.

Ive been toying with the idea of going to Ft. Meyers myself just gotta see what Ive got on my plate before I commit to the drive. How long does it take to get there by the way?
Old 03-26-2001, 03:04 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

I run into Kenji occasionaly...just by chance. Trust me he DOES EXIST.

Ft Myers- 2 hours but its worth it!

Old 03-27-2001, 06:54 PM
pfft.....

it was cool as hell myself and b16a2pwr met up there ... hey next time if i have anything done to the baby i might enter her in there ........
Old 03-27-2001, 07:08 PM

Yes I was there also. Mine was the one with the USDM front end. Kenji had the JDM front end. Theres a couple people from
www.honda-tech.com who are trying to organize a caravan to the Ft. Myers event. Ill let you know whats going on ok.
Old 03-28-2001, 05:56 PM

What color is Kenjis car? Damn I wish id shown up earlier but I was gettin the baby detailed! Anyway I would have liked to have seen the JDM front in person I know someone doing the conversion right now!