Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Assassin Game.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:12 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assassin Game.

Who would be interested in signing up for a full fledged Assassin Game, I am working out the details but since we are a club of automotive people having something car related. game can go on for weeks until we have one left.

I need suggestions but I was thinking, to kill.

pulling up behind your mark in traffic and honking "Shave and a haircut"

everyone placing a 3x5 card on their license plate and removal of that card being equal to bombing the marks car. this adds the opportunity of the assassin getting caught int he act of removing the plate, and killed.

drawing a white shoepolish bullseye on the marks winshield. whatever is complicated but non damaging.

any other suggestions. since this can go on during rallies or other events there is no safe place.

Last edited by treekiller; 12-26-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:16 PM

this sounds interesting. more info please.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:39 PM
legend behind the cowl

Just a twist on the old game, wikipedia it to get the gist, it was popular in my college years where we would ambush each other with water pistols and/or whatever the org. decided was appropriate. (e.g. tennis ball in winter when water was too cruel) now recently the games have been catching on in larger scale where whole towns are getting involved. in some rare cases groups throughout the entire country is playing via U.S. mail, with some weird task to complete, like finishing a puzzle and mailing it to your mark, whatever their club is about.

we are already somewhat anonymous to each other but you give each person another random person on the players list and they get systematically eliminated. and therefor a higher chance of winning the prize a thread is started on the forum where the assassins can track their "kills" as you eliminate a player you assume their mark, all while you are being "hunted" eventually there are only 2 left both are hunting each other and in highlander fashion... there can be only one. so those that are good at being inconspicous will do better. and since we are all within a short drive of each other in theory we can all catch our marks while they least expect it. (people further then 1hr from Tampa are excluded we will use 1 hour on Google maps from Kennedy and the river which is zero block of north, west, east, and south Tampa.) of course I would assign the first set of marks by geographic distance so you won't need to travel far until the very end of the game if you make it.

monitoring board traffic, to find people at events, using the internet to find them etc. and since everyone knows they are playing there is no surprise when they get "hit" and it's your duty to get information from your mark, hopefully on the forums without tipping them off because if they catch you making an attempt, you are eliminated. and the marks are reassigned.

administration on a forum is pretty easy to do and we could run the event for as little as say $5 a person. (just enough to cover expenses and materals, printing and a prize) the assassan logs the kill and the mark verifies it. so the game takes an amount of honesty. but it really tests your investigation skills. since you need to find the mark, since all you have is their name, or screen name. and do your deed.

what is cool is it adds a bit of mystery since you never know where or when you are being approached. and as long as the process of doing the deed is dificult and car related. to be honest it is a great way to bring our group together and compete as a group, weather your a racer or fan, or drifter... whatever. and most of us have pretty identifiable cars so that makes sneaking up on someone even harder.

there are a couple safe zones, at the marks home, in their garage because we do not want to encourage breaking and entering or anything that can get someone in trouble. we used to say in someones house unless they invite you in. so convincing them to invite you becomes a side job.

sometimes teams form with agreements to work together, it's really a huge pisser.

Last edited by treekiller; 12-26-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:27 PM

we used to do something like this at a radio station I use to intern at in Mich. but we also would do more with drive by shootings. Using cars with big sunroofs. Waiting for fellow employees to come off their shifts etc..

Kris and I would be interested in this. However we would need to adjust the rules to also exclude events. The last thing I need to worry about is getting hit when I am trying to run an Auto X event.

B
Old 12-27-2007, 07:28 PM

sounds like fun. i live like 40-50 min from kennedy but i am in tampa 4 days a week if not more like 6. so im in.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 PM

I'm down, sounds like fun.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:43 AM
Comprehensive

Just a thought -- Cameras make honesty irrelevant. A kill = A photo. If you do a horn kill, just snap a shot of the rear of the car in front of you.

Your camera or cameraphone is your gun. Don't have it with you? No kill.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:50 AM
legend behind the cowl

that is a brilliant idea.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:45 AM
farts whilest speakith

I'm in
'06 Sentra DD

Old 12-30-2007, 09:12 AM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by bam2002
Kris and I would be interested in this. However we would need to adjust the rules to also exclude events. The last thing I need to worry about is getting hit when I am trying to run an Auto X event.
B

Bam, I'm sorry, I did not know you were involved in a professional autocross series, how much do you get paid for winning? must be awesome!

seriously, no you would have nothing to worry about during your runs, and an event is a location where we congregate, the game is just a game what is the prize worth, but a few bucks. it would take a bold assassin to attempt a hit at an autocross, since it would be so easy to get caught. and requiring somthing written on the window and a picture taken elminates any suprise attacks.

hey, you have the advantage of having a backup spotter too. unless of course Kris gets your card!!! and considering putting marks close to the assassins that is possable.