Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Grm $2007

Old 10-08-2007, 04:50 PM
wears black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grm $2007

anyone at the $2007 challenge? if you were, tell me how much that corvette sucked!!!

btw im 100% hong norr to the max.

"You guys are retarded, I'm playing XBOX."
Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 AM

I took the white Fiero. It got a top ten in the Autocross, and was thrilled.

I know most of the world may disagree with me but that Corvette did suck in more ways than one. I would not have taken it home if given it for free. I looked at Andrews '62 Fiat and thought it looked like a $35,000 show car. If the drags had not been rained out I think he would have received a well deserved championship.

No disrespect to the Hong Norr machines.
Also, no disrespect to the Sucker Vette Team. They were a great bunch of guys with a fun novelty car.

I honestly thought, 100% convinced, that it was a gag car and that it was not even going to compete. When it scored higher in the Concourse than the Hong Norr cars, what came to mind was the term "Anal Fisting".
Old 10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
The Fat Cobra

Good job, Mark!

The ESMTB failed to get off our lazy asses and complete the car, as you most likely suspected.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:22 PM
wears black

i kind of liked the corvette, actually, i would just love to see how they crunched the numbers to make it look like they built it for under $2007. even our numbers were pretty close, and were running 1st gen rex's!

those vette guys were from a pro drag race team, from what i understand, so i bet they would have really narrowed the curve if it hadnt gotten rained out. figures that when the track finally gets halfway dry enough to race, it rains again for 5 min.

"You guys are retarded, I'm playing XBOX."
Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM

From SCCAFORUMS

YouTube - GRM $2007 Challenge: Sucking Corvette

I was there and got to see the car and its runs. The sucker Vette (Cheaparal) was very cool. The team brought in Danny Pop to drive the car Smile

There may be another option too. How about resurfacing the "racing line" as you drive?

YouTube - GRM $2007 Challenge update

The Zamboni was very cool. I got to drive the car in the autocross, in pouring rain. It caught fire on my third run.
Steve Hoelscher
#27 DP - Toyota MR2
2006 DP National Champion
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Race Photographer

man I sitll dont believe they have 2007 in that car.

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 10-10-2007, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy
Good job, Mark!

The ESMTB failed to get off our lazy asses and complete the car, as you most likely suspected.

Thanks for the kind words Muddy.

I think 3rd place went to a Miata that had the same formula as the ESMTB car. In hind sight I should have hooked up with your team. I one man car build leads to a lot of 13 hour build days.

I talked to a couple of The Sucky Vette team for quite a while, and they were great guys. The car cost $1,400 I believe. I lot of guys pushed, bent, and broke the rules a little, but nothing serious. When I painted my car, I counted the price of the laquer thinner I used to clean my spray gun in the $2007 budget. Most people didnt.

Time to start on next year's entry.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM
The Fat Cobra

I talked to the guys today. Apparently, we went $1 over budget and must wait unitl 2008.