Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

BMW 9-23 Brooksville

Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This event is a Reg event. So no problem running the OTHER cars.. the Nov event is the one we are having the BMW vs Porsche.

So this event is No problem.. see you out there. Remeber gate closes at 8:30
Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Wombat S14

im not ogint o BMW event .. cor wont be ready ... the Oct. PCA event in z-hills, is that a reg event??
Old 09-20-2007, 05:55 PM

Yes its open the Euro one at Zeph hills is Dec 9th..
Old 09-23-2007, 04:45 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

damn the rain storm home SUCKED! Thankfully the Camaro handles rain well.

Fun course today, I really enjoyed the turnaround which is really rare for me to say.

Thanks Keith and Mark for the encouraging words and I too am very happy that I found a way to get a clean run with a good time.

Barry 1 Russ 1 and so it continues ...

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 09-24-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 AM
The Fat Cobra

Sorry I missed this event. I had eye surgery on last Monday and I cannot see well enough for racing. I am sure the course workers appreciate not being run over.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 AM

BMW EVENT ROCKED!

To those that did not make it - you missed a good one.
Nice flowing course and a decent turnaround. A couple of spots where you had to plan ahead and slow down - so that you could power out and through the flowing section until the next braking area.

Managed to get in a bunch of runs 10 - 14 depending on how fast you could get ready to run again.

Great driving by a lof of people. Vivek and Angela - great job - very proud of you guys.

Competition - Barry and Russ and Chris and whoever else who drove the fast little red 318ti. It takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Russ took the win, after doing the train dance and saying that we needed to wrap things up due to the weather rolling in before Barry had a chance to go even faster.

See you at the next one,
Keith R
JFF Racing
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by kbmwm3
Russ took the win, after doing the train dance and saying that we needed to wrap things up due to the weather rolling in before Barry had a chance to go even faster.
His Eric Cartman impression is also very funny. Can't wait to see how he does when his car comes back and he gets through his learning curve.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 AM

Thanks for having such a nice event.
Very fun course. I did like the "hidden straights" Keith alluded to.

I got to drive a Boxster-S which was a ton of fun. It got a little tail happy, but came right back in. Somehow I kept missing the brake pedal. It must be set higher up than the Miata. Loved putting it in 2nd gear and leaving it there.

It was really entertaining to see Angie lift the Passenger Rear tire for half the turn around. She trail braked a couple of times, so it sat perfectly still. Odd to see one tire up in the air and not rotating.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 AM
How long will it last?

Awesome event, cant wait to get a few more suspension goodies under the car and give it a shot.