Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Me at F.A.S.T event april 14th

Old 04-18-2007, 06:22 PM
1140cc's of power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me at F.A.S.T event april 14th

I was sliding around thanks to an empty tank of gas lol decided to have fun on the last run,wouldda kept it going but the damn cones jumped out i didnt wanna take to many out.
YouTube - auto-x fast at st pete 04-14-07
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 PM

Looks like fun!!! To bad i missed out.

97 LT1 Camaro M6 - 11.9 @ 113 with 1.6 60'
Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Good video!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

I am always amazed at how many kones they use on thier courses . They are a lot of fun . Nice vid

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Part of the "excess cones" issue is that we need to separate adjacent course elements from each other. It's a small site, and to get a course more of more than 20 seconds without resorting to keeping things painfully tight, you have to get creative with the space. To keep people from "jumping lanes" so to speak, we have to put a "wall" of cones between them.

Aside from that... when there are 50,000 cones out there at our disposal, and you send people out to set up a course (even if you give them a map showing exact cone placement), many of them tend to take it upon themselves to add more cones. Since most course designers don't want to place EVERY cone on the course or pick out every other cone when folks get over-zealous, we often let it go and just look at what's important.

What's important? 1. That the course is easily followed (this one was), 2. That the proper line through the course doesn't instigate a high cone count from small mistakes (cutting an apex too tight shouldn't result in more than one cone down), 3. That the areas we expect "off course excursions" will not result in high cone counts OR safety problems (usually means making the course wide enough that most spins hit NO cones).
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 PM
1140cc's of power

Originally Posted by RoadRacer
Good video!
Thanks bad quality cause i wanted it to upload quickly lol.STICKY POD FOR PRESIDENT
Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Blasian Sensation

It was a kool course, with more chances of destroying cones
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by Loren
Part of the "excess cones" issue is that we need to separate adjacent course elements from each other. It's a small site, and to get a course more of more than 20 seconds without resorting to keeping things painfully tight, you have to get creative with the space. To keep people from "jumping lanes" so to speak, we have to put a "wall" of cones between them.

Aside from that... when there are 50,000 cones out there at our disposal, and you send people out to set up a course (even if you give them a map showing exact cone placement), many of them tend to take it upon themselves to add more cones. Since most course designers don't want to place EVERY cone on the course or pick out every other cone when folks get over-zealous, we often let it go and just look at what's important.

What's important? 1. That the course is easily followed (this one was), 2. That the proper line through the course doesn't instigate a high cone count from small mistakes (cutting an apex too tight shouldn't result in more than one cone down), 3. That the areas we expect "off course excursions" will not result in high cone counts OR safety problems (usually means making the course wide enough that most spins hit NO cones).
Yes I remember the site, I like the designs for many different reasons, I like that safety is always thought of, the use of space has always been very good, and I do enjoy it. When I am released out of grid, I can't wait to attack it again.

When I saw the vid the first thing that went through my mind was being at an SCCA event and remembering Brian say, I only used x amount of kones. It was a goal for him. Thats why autox is fun, every coarse is different and each designer has thier own goals.

you send people out to set up a course (even if you give them a map showing exact cone placement), many of them tend to take it upon themselves to add more cones.
So true. Manny and Jake, Gainesville, SCCA event. The course designer partied a little too much the night before and let them help design the course. I remember them saying, damn we went just a little overboard.

BTW in that vid were you on street tires or r compounds?

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-20-2007, 02:13 PM

It's fun design a "minimalist" course if the site allows it. I'd love to do a "one-way" course at Brooksville.

I'm pretty sure Nicky was on Azenis in that video.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:45 PM
1140cc's of power

correct i was on azenis rt615's