Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Brisk Road Rally planning.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brisk Road Rally planning.

Looking for a Co-Rallymaster. this is not going to be a performance rally. but a Brisk paced TSD I assume I can give the sanctioning to whatever local club wants the money, all I need is one co-rallymaster, and 3-4 couples working the course to be checkpoint workers and one sweep driver (4wd or pickup desired)

WHat is a brisk TSD.

Just like a traditional Rally it's run with a key time and the team to get closest to their key time is the winner. (not slower or faster) The roads are chosen by their dificulty to remain at the legal speed limits. so to stay close to your key time is very difficult. since we are in florida the worst roads we will be on are the paved ones. in my scouting missions I have not come across anything I would consider rough, (with 450lb/in springs) some soft sand was the worst. there are time allowances availble to prevent dangerous speeding if you get grossly lost or too far behind.

In the spirit of previous Treekiller rallies, there will be a good bit of unpaved road driving, but all stages will be Calculated average speed at or near the speed limit for a given group of roads. so if your acurate you don't have to drive like Colin to win. but if you want to drive a bit faster I didn't tell you to.

A couple warnings. these roads are not often used for much vehicular traffic, previous trekiller rallies have had incidents with the Local "Natives" we might live in tampa but when you get a couple miles into the woods it gets interesting. "yess Sir... Your shotgun is mighity purdy" so keeping your cool is very important. if you drive semi sane there will be no problem

Last edited by treekiller; 04-08-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
aka The Twanksta!

What car are you using? And this is on the regualr streets? So is this a organized thing or more like a gumball rally?

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer
Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
legend behind the cowl

no gumball garbage. the treekiller rally has gone off without incident previous years and occasionally without sanctioning. there is no classes, a breif set of general rules. previous events The speed was set based on my ability to cover that section in my 1990 cadillac brogham tow vehicle. (RIP) Let me tell you after a couple runs I could hustle that boat through some stuff.

being older and wiser now The modern version will be more baised on traditional Time speed distance rules. There is a big lack of TSD events in florida. I can't figure out why. Rest assured as the rallymaster nothing On the course will be too rough for my SE-R with coilovers no 30mph creek crossings like in years past. I do however intend to get a nice mix of paved and unpaved (sand) roads, and take a little tour up through the State forest out by brooksville.

like I said the cars will get dusty but that's it, now to add some difficulty I am going to run this years event at night. since florida blesses us with everything except elevation, there is little to no natural obsticals to make traveling difficult, however in the middle of nowhere at night it's difficult to keep you average speed @ legal limits while looking for you next turn. in addition the evening start allows us to combine the event with an autocross for the "special" stage. average culimutive auocross time below #1 in your class can be added to your final score. (if we can arrange this with a club)

I need 2 healthy Hard workers. I will take care of the course and generals and Tulip instructions. Co-rallymaster is in charge of pre-running the course just before we setup to go, and helping me update any required changes prior to first car off, roads closed etc. and setup for a checkpoint somewhere.. I also need someone in a 4wd car or truck to run sweep, just in case someone gets stuck in soft sand. I don't want to make the first event too hard, so only a couple checkpoints one can be the finish. I doubt we will even use rally timing since we don't have the equipment so synced digital clocks will get us to the second for this event that is close enough..

rules
1. When asked the correct response is, What rally?
2. Each "team" consists of a minimum of 2 people, one of which must attempt to drive
3. To score a position you must finish
4. closest to key time for each stage added together is the winner.
5. Classes; yup we have one

Last edited by treekiller; 04-08-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Gus

Sounds like fun, I wonder if I can talk my other half into doing this with me in her new cx-7. Are you going to keep the course away from low branches? The dust isn't a problem but I can't get her new ride scratched up
Old 04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Gravel fiend

Are rally tyres allowed?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Alizarin
Are rally tyres allowed?
See "rules" above.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
legend behind the cowl

Allowed and encouraged esp. if you choose to be the Sweep driver, The advantage to being Co-rallymaster or sweep is you get to go on PRE-Runs of the course.

Bring an alfa or terratrip for all I care. you'll most likley get beat by someone lucky soul in a 2wd honda and a stopwatch that was smart enough to drive controlled and not miss the turns.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 PM
aspiring luder

i have a 2wd honda, but i get lost alot, so i think you're set

i'd love to give this a try
Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Gravel fiend

Originally Posted by treekiller
Bring an alfa or terratrip for all I care. you'll most likley get beat by someone lucky soul in a 2wd honda and a stopwatch that was smart enough to drive controlled and not miss the turns.
I just don't get that many chances to use them is all... You all would definately hear me coming down a paved road. Sounds like an air-raid siren!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:21 AM

I like those Rules.
It's like the first rule of Fight Club, which I deny even exists.