Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

FAST - March 18th Autocross

Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a reminder that there are SEVEN DAYS left to register for this event. Registration ends 8 March, after which the list gets turned into the airport authorities. We cannot add anyone -- drivers or guests -- after 8 March, so get your names in while there's still time!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Gravel fiend

I have been informed that we only have about 35 entries for this event. What happened with the freaking 90 we had last month? People lost interest? I don't think it'll be in the 20's that day...
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
my whip is a janky hoopty

If anyone was scared off by my obviously confusing course design last event, fear not, I will not be involved in the course design of this months event.
Autocross events in general are much simpler in design. I, however, seek out the unexplored, the unique and different. I attempt to acheive autocross epiphany with a lowly Ford Mustang for chrissake.
Come on out, you will have a blast.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 PM

Even for the last event, many of the entries came in the last two weeks before the deadline. I think we'll pick up some additional folks.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally Posted by Alizarin
I have been informed that we only have about 35 entries for this event. What happened with the freaking 90 we had last month? People lost interest? I don't think it'll be in the 20's that day...
I would sign up but I'm attending the autocross school a mere week before this event. I have a goal of going to at least one autocross a month from here on out, but two in two weeks is a bit much right off the bat.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
legend behind the cowl

jordan, it's important to get to an autocross while the information is fresh in your brain. but... if you can't go.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:32 AM
The Fat Cobra

The more seat time you get, the faster you will learn. Do as many events as your pocketbook can manage.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:55 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Can you put your name on the security list just to make sure you could get in when the time comes and then hold off on payment until the day of the event, or do you have to preregister and pre-pay? My pocketbook is a concern between the Auto-X school, the TRack day I just signed up for, and the associated car expenses. It's all got to come out of a 12-hr-a-week part-time student job budget.

If I can just put myself on the list now I'll do so, and make the final decision on whether I can afford it right before the event.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Gravel fiend

If you register on MyAutoEvents you can use the option to register but pay on site.

And Jordan, there's nothing wrong with going to an auto-x 2 weeks in a row. In October last year I did 3 events in the same month. In this case, it'll give you a chance to apply your new skillz to a fresh course.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:45 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

If I do that, do I have the option to cancel at some point before the event (without annoying FAST)?