Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

CFR Sebring event 10/21&22 (E&W)

Old 10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
aka Sideburns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR Sebring event 10/21&22 (E&W)

Hello all, not really a TR poster but figured I would start a thread since the Central Florida Region SCCA is hosting an autocross in Sebring this weekend. For info please refer to www.cfrsolo2.com - the date is the 21st and 22nd of October and it plans to bring alot of west coast guys into (my) east coast world. Lots of different competition that you may not normally see if you frequent Brooksville events hosted by the wonderfull Tony Adams and company- so please bring yourself just a WEE bit further into the center of florida for this event.

The event is held on the Paddock area of the Sebring road course. If you have been to a Sebring 12-hour race before, or any lapping event held there, it is the large paved surface behind the pit boxes (the only structure at sebring near the track, the ones that overlook the front straight and the Pit area *hence the name*)

For additional information not on the CFR site, just ask and the great TR autocrossers that have been there before will do thier best to help.

for those to lazy to do so, here is the link to the flyer:

http://www.cfrsolo2.com/Flyers2006/2...er_sebring.pdf

It is a competition day BOTH days, cost is $30 per day ($40/day for non-scca members)
See you next week!

Trey Christy
#3 ES
Old 10-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Now with less suck

I'd like to do this one, but I'll be at Jennings GP on my motorcycle on Saturday and I have to work the Bucs game on Sunday. Additionally we just so happened to have destroyed the rear diff in the Miata at the last Gainesville event. uggh
Old 10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Will attend on Saturday then Brooksville on Sunday

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 10-17-2006, 05:33 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by nunyo
Additionally we just so happened to have destroyed the rear diff in the Miata at the last Gainesville event. uggh
What the hell? How did you manage that!?

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:00 PM
aka Sideburns

here is the link to the coursemap, incedentally it is also where you will find a TON of CFR-E guys. For some reason they have really taken a liking to this particular forum.

http://www.autocrossforum.com/forums...58&#entry36858

notice how large the area is! Ooh what fun!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

looks like another good time on a one way course

gotta watch out for that fence though

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 10-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Now with less suck

I blame Christy's first through second gear burnouts of course, but the truth is that the car has 150+ thousand miles on it and these days it only gets driven hard. Stuff's just gonna break.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:14 PM
aka Sideburns

Originally Posted by chi town brat
looks like another good time on a one way course

gotta watch out for that fence though
yeah, you called it. "someone" (who for the time being will remain nameless 'just in case'- for insurance purposes) took out the fence in 4th run group. Poor bastard, but hey- alteast it wasnt the concrete barrier!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by platinum703
yeah, you called it. "someone" (who for the time being will remain nameless 'just in case'- for insurance purposes) took out the fence in 4th run group. Poor bastard, but hey- alteast it wasnt the concrete barrier!
Jeez. I think Sebring is cursed.

How bad was the damage?

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:22 PM
aka Sideburns

the car wasnt scratched to hell or missing body panels or anything, but it had a pretty good amount of damage in the front and rear. they used the go-pedal trying to save it instead of putting both feet in and put it into the fence trunk-first, atleast thats what I heard from the cornerworkers.