Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Pilot Sport PS2's / AutoX+Track tires

Old 07-15-2006, 04:53 AM
my whip is a janky hoopty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Azensis rt615's are dirt cheap. For your size- $111 a piece at vulcan tire sales. Worth trying out. If they start to lose some grip as the day goes on, you could always join Kenny and Paul and have your water sprayer handy on the grid.

Muddy- you have a light car and you are smooth and easy on your tires. That's not saying you aren't pushing it hard enough, just not over-stressing them.
I think they will last you longer than you think.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:17 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally Posted by AScoda
The Azensis rt615's are dirt cheap. For your size- $111 a piece at vulcan tire sales. Worth trying out. If they start to lose some grip as the day goes on, you could always join Kenny and Paul and have your water sprayer handy on the grid.

Muddy- you have a light car and you are smooth and easy on your tires. That's not saying you aren't pushing it hard enough, just not over-stressing them.
I've been really happy with the 615's on the FFR. They got a bit greasy at the end of a 20 minute session at midohio, but even then, they still had a lot of grip.

As far as wet weather behavior goes, they're great. It rained when I took the Evo phase 1 school and the only thing faster than me was an sti.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:04 AM
I Heart 2nd Gear Racing

+1
I couldn't agree more. Just got 'em mounted this week.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
The Fat Cobra

I only drove hard on my last run last weekend. I am still adjusting to the race tires. I think they might last 'till the end of the season. We shall see.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Gravel fiend

Those will likely be my next set of street tyres. I hear nothing but good things about them.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

edgeracing has the Rs2 and rt615 for 99.00 and 112.00
I have been tempted to try the Rs2 as I had good results with Hankook tires many years ago.

I love the Toyo RA1 but they aren't recommened for auto-x since they need some time to build up heat. At sebring, they stick. I had rt215's on the 240 and once I switched to the RA1, I was able to push the car much harder in the corners and brake zones.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the input guys, unless this auction I have my eye on for the PS2's has a really low reserve I think I'll go with the RT615's since they'll be used mostly for autoX duty where they won't build a lot of heat.