Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders Motorsports is now NASA-X Tampa

Old 12-08-2005, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I exposed myself. I am not the big money baller that you all thought I was. I just like racing on a budget. I haven't even bought a car part in the last 2 or 3 years. Just 3 sets of Azenis, that's it.

Jeremy

Old 12-08-2005, 10:58 AM
eats babies

I have some questions if you don't mind/can answer them.

1) Do you need a roll bar for a convertible? With the top "up" my FC has an integrated rollbar. Is that good enough for events?

2) Do you have to attend any special driver training classes?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 AM

For autocross, you don't need a roll bar. Most autocross events will allow any driver, newbs are welcome. (the January NASA event is an exception) Just let them know it's your first time, most clubs will take good care of you.

You might want to read some of the info in the sticky posts at the top of this forum. Lots of good general info there.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Are you guys using the overflow lot across from the track? Hopefully they resurfaced it. I remember going to the Mercedes thing there a couple of years ago and the surface was HORRIBLE...

I think with visitors rates that high you'll probably see fewer occasional attenders (like me) that already pay for SCCA membership, and don't care to spend $40 to visit... But then if you limit the events to 60 entries anyway (which always seem to be filled), then you wouldn't care about that.

I was impressed by the Sunriders operation. The course was a little tight, but if you strung the parts together right, it flowed okay.

And there's something to be said for free pizza and root beer.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:38 AM

You liked the root beer! Cool! I was sure someone else other than me would appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Gravel fiend

Originally Posted by urn_uuid_owned
You liked the root beer! Cool! I was sure someone else other than me would appreciate it.
I'd say alot of people appreciated it. I didn't even get to have any
Old 12-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Northeast = No Autox

Back to the big question. TB Downs is a great big lot if you have the overflow lot, but its basically like driving on a dirt road. Loren if that is the lot, you may want to carefully look into moving events or doing some serious on site research. I have been in that lot a few times in the past year and well its not fit for a RC Car race much less something with the real deal.

On another note, Kudo's on taking SR to another level. Its where I first attended an event and is still probably the most friendly places to go. Now with real sites you will be able to attract to big competition as well.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Gravel fiend

Originally Posted by krekavhts
TB Downs is a great big lot if you have the overflow lot, but its basically like driving on a dirt road.
I'm in... I'll even test for you!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:00 AM

Okay, maybe TBD isn't for everyone, but its not THAT bad. Just like we all have to adapt to different autocross courses, we should be able to adapt to different surfaces. Yes, there are some rough spots at TBD that we'll avoid. And we have brooms to sweep sand out of the turns where necessary. (we have to do that at SPC, too)

Is it awesome grippy concrete? No. Is it the largest available site in the immediate Tampa Bay area? Yes. We're going to give it a try. If it doesn't work well, we won't try it again.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:01 PM

Should we be worried about damaging the TBD surface? If not, then I am not worried one bit.