Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

how to get started in auto-x?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
got torque?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get started in auto-x?

ok, im intrested in getting into some autox and road racing. now im looking through the faqs and i see that, inorder to do some open track day road racing, i need to have taken a racing class. now, im looking here on panzo and skips site and they want a grand to 3 grand for there courses. now i dont have that kinda money to spend on driving classes. what can i do? any input or suggestion for someone try to get into the sport would be highly appreciated.

thanks
jorge.
[+]H&R cup kit[+]Neuspeed sways and front tie bar[+]Forge 007p[+]3" Forced-Motion turbo-back[+]Injen CAI[+]ECS Dog Bone mounts and STG 1 clutch/flywheel kit[+]Audi TT short shifter[+]REVO 4bar cai & turbo-back file w/ sps 3[+]SAMCO TIP[+]NGK Bk7eix[+]17" RS 4 Replicas[+]VDO[+]42DD A-pillar pod and clear corners[+]

anyone need gmail invites? pm me.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM

You could rent a road race car and go thru both the SCCA drivers schools for less that 3 grand.

Or:

You could buy a decent IT road race car for under the 3 grand, and then only have to pay for your direct racing expenses (entry fee, gas, tires, etc) for your schools and racing, then sell the car later on and move up the ladder.

CFR SCCA is having a drivers school at Sebring July 16/17. Here is the link to the entry form http://www.cfrscca.org/forms/SebDrivers0705.pdf

More CFR SCCA info here: http://www.cfrscca.org/cfrmain.html
Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
OUCH!!!

Chin motorsports allows novices to participate (with an instructor they supply) for an additional fee and you can drive alone after an instructor signs off on you. It's a good way to get your feet wet with some high speed experience without spending a few grand.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:10 AM
got torque?

thanks guys. im definitely going to try getting into some auto-x but i would like to eventually get into some road racing. i was thinking of going with a bigger turbo, like a t3 s60, but i think ill stick with what i got for know and just upgrade the brakes, fmic, and get an lsd.
[+]H&R cup kit[+]Neuspeed sways and front tie bar[+]Forge 007p[+]3" Forced-Motion turbo-back[+]Injen CAI[+]ECS Dog Bone mounts and STG 1 clutch/flywheel kit[+]Audi TT short shifter[+]REVO 4bar cai & turbo-back file w/ sps 3[+]SAMCO TIP[+]NGK Bk7eix[+]17" RS 4 Replicas[+]VDO[+]42DD A-pillar pod and clear corners[+]

anyone need gmail invites? pm me.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:48 AM
cone junkie

I'd stop modding the car for now and just start driving it. Figure out if it's really what you want to do, and then figure out a place (class, sanctioning body, etc) that you want to play, and then invest there.

-93 MR2, #129 ES