Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

what would be bestauto x car setup

Old 06-26-2005, 08:01 PM
pass the dutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto x people are mean

never mind
shared_pm me for great prices on hydro and organic garden setups aswell as all the goods you need to grow cheaper than the big guys. built for youre needs. save money on fruits and vegetables. i dont sell any illegal products goods or services just fully ready to grow closets and rooms.

Last edited by hondahunter; 06-28-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:04 PM

Have you ever been to an auto-x before?
It doesn't matter what you drive, it's how you drive it.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:07 AM
OUCH!!!

that's the most uninformed quastion I've seen all year. Negative rep points for you. Go read the stickies!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Now with less suck

There is no one car/setup that is best for autocross. There are many classes in which to participate; each of which will have it's contenders in the car and setup department. Your driving style and comfort level with the car that you're driving will typically have a far greater impact on your performance than the setup of that car. So if you love to drive fwd then I'd suggest that you stick with what you know. I personally prefer rwd. For a beginner though, you'd do well to stay in a stock or street tire class to help keep expenses down. The SCCA rule book is online this year, check it out, and if you have questions about a specific class or rule, we can point you in the right direction.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:36 AM

Mmmmm... well, to answer the dumb question...

Rear wheel drive, very high power-to-weight (10hp:lb min), very light weight (under 1000 lbs), lots of aerodynamic downforce, very wide sticky tires (10-12" wide), well-engineered suspension, several thousand dollars worth of shocks... yeah. That's a start.

For those in the know, I'm describing a competitive A-Mod car, of course. That would be the ultimate and best autocross car. (and most people aren't capable of thinking fast enough to drive it to its fullest!) Somehow, I don't think that's what our misguided newb was asking.

Now, lest we scare him away by being a bunch of dicks... Hondahunter, you need to ask a more specific question. Best autocross car... for what class? (do some research) For what budget? And... what do YOU like to drive? Will this be an autocross-only car, or also a daily driver? Trailered or driven to events?

Your best bet is to get out to an autocross in WHATEVER car you own and start getting a feel for the sport. It really doesn't matter much what you drive until you get yourself a good ways up the learning curve as a driver.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:44 AM
pass the dutch

leonard sorry for my bad question want to learn more about a type of racing not meet a DICK. loren, thanks ill look into it some and then figure out how i should start
shared_pm me for great prices on hydro and organic garden setups aswell as all the goods you need to grow cheaper than the big guys. built for youre needs. save money on fruits and vegetables. i dont sell any illegal products goods or services just fully ready to grow closets and rooms.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:43 AM
who stole my intercooler?

go to hertz & get a rental for the weekend, autox that bitch & see how you like it & if you want to abuse your car like that. problem is, once you get better you abuse the car more
Old 06-27-2005, 07:25 AM
pass the dutch

lol i should
Old 06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
pass the dutch

well any info helps
Old 06-27-2005, 08:02 AM
pass the dutch

what is the closest place to get in some practice i read the stuff from sticky and i am very excited about starting this it looks and sounds like fun