Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Sunriders :)

Old 04-11-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well....
it was intended on the last run, which is out of line i suppose
but it felt good
Originally Posted by flmcoupe
You weren't as bad as that jerk who was drfiting! If it was my corner I would've red-flagged his a$$! He had those poor guys running all over the place on every single run!
!
woulden't this just give me another run? harsh punishment

Last edited by Chriskory; 04-11-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Five Mile Style Baby!!

I had an excellent time! Thanks to everyone who put the event on, everyone was very cool to talk with and I look forward to another event.

see you next time--- #17
Old 04-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chriskory
well....
but it felt good

Nah, a red flag doesn't automatically mean a rerun. If the car in front of you is the one wiping out the course and disrupts YOUR run and you get red flagged for it, then you get a rerun. If you get red flagged because the course workers deem your vehicle or your driving as unsafe, you're just out a run.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:50 AM

Well actually not always. The car that is the reason for a red flag condition would not necessarily get a re-run for it. Anybody that screwed up a run could go cause a red flag condition to get a free do over if you allowed a rerun for the offending car.

And another trick people have tried is stopping for their own downed cones, especially on a track like this one where you drive it twice. I've seen people knock down a cone on the first lap, stop for it on the second lap and argue with the corner worker they should get a rerun. Some people are so competitive ....

Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 PM

After working the course during your drifting runs and having to run over to the other station to help clean up the mess you made (more than once!) so that the other drivers in line won't have to wait longer for their chance, my red flag would've been good for the rest of the event! Sorry, nothing against you, but I'm not happy with drifters at autox events. I'm not in charge so there's nothing I can do.

Here's how I see it: I don't like all the extra work the poor workers have to do, the extra time the course is not green and the other drivers having to wait for their runs, the tire marks left at the site, and the danger of losing total control and hitting someone or something. You want to drift put on a drift event. The purpose of autox is to improve your driving skills in a controlled environment, not to show off your sliding skills! I like the art of drifting and I think drifters are very talented, I suck at it, but please, not at an autox event!

ok, enough of this, it was still a great event! So, who's got pics???

Jamal
Old 04-11-2005, 02:09 PM
OUCH!!!

well....
but it felt good

It's completely out of line. It's disrespectful to the course workers who have to clean up after you. It's disrespectful to the person behind you who's focused on making a good run.

It even costs the person behind you money (in tires and brakes) for that half a run that they do get. You might argue that that doesn't add up to all that much, but honestly, if you check out what hoosier wants for a set of tires in my size (275/40/17 -- $243 each) it can add up to a lot of cheddar. If you figure 40 passes for a set of tires, I'd be paying about $27 a lap after you add in shipping and mounting/balancing.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:35 PM

Alright, guys. Chris is a good kid, I think he gets the point. He'll probably never hit another cone again.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:21 AM

On a side note , what model is the new tire from Hankook you were running Loren ?
Old 04-12-2005, 09:01 PM

Man...I miss running out there with you guys! I have to get out there soon! I hope I get a break from school over ther summer.
Scott
Old 04-13-2005, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Charles
On a side note , what model is the new tire from Hankook you were running Loren ?
Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212
195/60-14

Quick Reply: Sunriders :)