Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Florida State Autocross Championship 11-14, Brooksville Airport -- 20 slots added

Old 11-18-2004, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, and I thought the event went great. And it appears that Darren agrees...

Jeremy

Old 11-18-2004, 08:34 PM

That is a great pic of Darren!

I just wanna say that I thought the event was GREAT! It's always great to get a bunch of people from different clubs/regions to compete/hang out together. I don't consider the State Championship to be a serious event, but since I'm very competitive I still try to win, didn't really work this time either.

I understand being overwhelmed and not having enough experience, that's why everyone should help out to make these events run smoother. I was late getting to grid in the morning and the person working the grid wanted me to go back out a little too soon for my 2nd and 3rd run, I didn't feel right about doing that and thought it would've given me an advantage so I told that person I was gonna wait a little longer, since my tires were nice and warm at the time.

A BIG thank you to all those involved in putting this event together! I am very glad we have a site close to us where we can all go to and will do my best to offer my help where and when it's needed! I will dedicate as much time as possible for next season, so whatever openings you have please let me know.

And Todd, please go back to designing your courses! Screw those that bitch and wine about your courses, your help (and courses) are always welcomed and appreciated!

Jamal
Old 11-18-2004, 09:23 PM
F K D

Before the negative posts I guess I should have said it was great to see so many good driver turn out. I still had fun, as a spectator, even though the driving portion sucked.

Per the norm, a lot of what I type gets taken the wrong way. I'm not slighting you for your win Tom. And you know better than me how long it was between cars, but we all should have run together and that was my only point. Times were certainly falling as the sun came out and it was windy. How much of a difference did it make? I don't know and no one else would either. Again, we shouldn't have to guess and there's a reason people run #'s 99 & 199. You should also know, better than most, that I tried hard to recruit a strong BS class. I had E-mails, PM's, and threads out to every board and everyone trying to create the best possible class (and in the process give myself the best possible competition, as well as get Aaron a co-drive). I'll assume you didn't just stumble across this forum or thread so thanks to whomever for cluing you in and just trying to stir up some shit.

The extra looks at the course are a different issue and no I didn't say anything. As much as you guys want to make this event out to be friendly competition it's not like that to all of us. I rarely exchange words, for good or ill, with any of my competitors unless they're grided right next to me (during our run group). I don't like to divuldge times or shoot the shit and especially don't want to bring something up that makes them feel I'm pointing the finger at them or accusing them of cheating, or the equivalent. You don't mess with someone's head while they're running. Maybe it's too competitve to the point of being a serious fault. If I'd really wanted a win there than I'd have just kept my mouth shut and only a couple of entires would have been there. As it were I still could've rode with all my buds throughout the day, then with my co-driver, and grided as far back as possible...

Tony, you've done a good job and my bitching shouldn't register too loudly. Those things only matter when it's raining. And for regular events the ride alongs get tolerated. For 98% of us it was the best CFR event of the season.

Jamal, whomever designs a course (whether Jesse, Danny, myself, or even Roger Johnson) gets to hear all the things that "should have" been done. It got to the point where I was getting PM's and E-mails. It's just not worth it. The free entry helped but it's like standing with your legs spread and your eyes closed & waiting to see who kicks you in the nads. There's never a group concensus of "great course". There's always bitching and I'd rather get the extra sleep and pay the entry. It made me want to strangle people and only a third were truly good courses anyhow.

Enough, back to no TR for me and fuck you all, at least the ones that know they deserve it .
Old 11-19-2004, 04:07 AM
OUCH!!!

Todd,

You've got some real issues man.

You start off complaining about how the event was run and how it affected the results of the event. My biggest issue is that you didn't say shit at the event. You didn't protest, and now you're bitching and crying. You're insulting both CFR and MSSC: ("Somehow even Martin Club got it right last year."). You're insulting every one of us who didn't win and isn't upset ("Congrats to those of you who can quickly accept defeat ") -- which by the way appears to be everyone who didn't get a mug EXCEPT you.

I understand that some people are hyper competative. That's fine, BUT if you're going to be that way and get mad because you lose because everything isn't run 'right', then please, file a protest and get it fixed at the event. NONE of us want to listen to your sandy vagina whine and complain about how the world isn't right after the fact.

Yeah, I'm being harsh and crass and an asshole, but at this point, I feel it's justified. Todd, before you reply, go back and read all the shit you've been slinging.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:41 AM
who stole my intercooler?

best run crf event in a long time! i enjoyed it a lot eventhough i hit a few too many cones & my codriver beat me :bbb:

i was also impressed with how much less visible the weeds were out on course, you guys did a good job with the weedwackers, blowers & mixed concoction that was sprayed on 'em.

did jim hit the most cones???
Old 11-19-2004, 04:48 AM

I'm just going to say it once and Everyone I talked to AGREES

THE PRACTICE DAY FORMAT SUCKED! Please don't do that again.

Now there weren't supposed to be any ride alongs. I received SPEICAL permission to ride with megan for her runs. A my competetion runs were completeted prior to riding with her. B she was in a one car class and the ride alongs were in the intrest of saftey to make sure we didn't have a red BMW going the wrong way head on with anything else.

When I spolke to multiple passangers telling them NO RIDE ALONGS they said well you did it. Saying I had speical premission didn't cut it. I even confronted arron about it. I don't remember his responce but IMHO he should have known better.

Last edited by MrSideways; 11-19-2004 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:49 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by mofugga

did jim hit the most cones???

I believe that award goes to this guy....

Klein, Jeremy 83 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Black 66.029+5 69.094+dnf 65.924+4 73.924

9 cones plus a DNF.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:39 AM

Jamal, whomever designs a course (whether Jesse, Danny, myself, or even Roger Johnson) gets to hear all the things that "should have" been done. It got to the point where I was getting PM's and E-mails. It's just not worth it. The free entry helped but it's like standing with your legs spread and your eyes closed & waiting to see who kicks you in the nads. There's never a group concensus of "great course". There's always bitching and I'd rather get the extra sleep and pay the entry. It made me want to strangle people and only a third were truly good courses anyhow.
I can relate to that Todd, I have a thankless job. Being in IT nobody ever calls to tell you thanks for keeping everything running, they only know you when there's a problem or need to complain about something! You just accept it and move on, that's the field I picked.

As for ride alongs, I don't think it should've been allowed, but since I don't consider this event to be a serious National level event I didn't bring it up.

And Ian, you suck! Can you go back to driving on R tires please? Beating almost everyone on street tires is embarrasing!!!

Jamal
Old 11-19-2004, 06:48 AM
noodles

The last 5 days of this thread are why I don't attend SCCA events. Bunch of uptight over-competitive bitchy whiny tools. Always. Every time.

Not everyone, no, of course.

Anyway, I'm glad I got there at 8:53AM and just decided to turn around and go home. And for those of you who went and were able to have fun, I'm very glad.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by MrSideways
THE PRACTICE DAY FORMAT SUCKED! Please don't do that again.
Why did it suck?

Jeremy