Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders 10/24 Post-Event

Old 10-26-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Leonard
Look out for me next month. 5 lug parts are on order. Will be putting 275/40/17's from the mustang all around (instead of those 225/60/15 truck tires). Better pads too. And hopefully a proper seat.
The course designer's challenge: How to slow Leonard the hell down!

BTW, if anyone's up for such a challenge, we need a chairman for our December event.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:03 AM
SR AutoX Dude in training

Hmmm? The chance to Design another Course..... Muahahahahaa! ... No I did not say i'd Chair it
2001 Black & Grey LS
Old 10-26-2004, 09:28 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by Loren
The course designer's challenge: How to slow Leonard the hell down!

I wasn't that fast. Definitely overdriving the tires. Definitely rusty. Fighting the unpowered power rack.

I discovered last night that there is a 1/2" rack limiter on each side. The 17" wheels will allow enough clearance for those to come out.

More beaking zone at the finish would have been nice.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 AM

I wasn't that fast. Definitely overdriving the tires. Definitely rusty. Fighting the unpowered power rack.

I discovered last night that there is a 1/2" rack limiter on each side. The 17" wheels will allow enough clearance for those to come out.

You weren't particularly fast, but that car has a LOT of potential. With tires, you will be fast. Can't wait to see it!

Yeah, more braking room would have been nice, but it's a small site. It was a compromise.

As it was there was 100 feet from the finish line to the "wall o' death" and I only saw two cars blow through the wall, you and the crusty RX-7. (there may have been more, but certainly not very many) There was a good 75 feet AFTER that wall of cones as an added margin of safety.

I think most people crossed the finish with speed appropriate for their tires and brakes. Your car had disproportionate power-to-tires and probably came through the finish hotter than you had tires to stop.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
the whistles go whooo!!!1

I kinda wished I would have done better. Although even Loren, you drove my car to a 52.5 I believe and said there might be a second more in there. My best was 53 flat..hopefully things should get better once I get some better tires instead of these horrendous Potzenza RE92's.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:19 PM
OUCH!!!

Originally posted by Loren
You weren't particularly fast, but that car has a LOT of potential. With tires, you will be fast. Can't wait to see it!

Yeah, more braking room would have been nice, but it's a small site. It was a compromise.

As it was there was 100 feet from the finish line to the "wall o' death" and I only saw two cars blow through the wall, you and the crusty RX-7. (there may have been more, but certainly not very many) There was a good 75 feet AFTER that wall of cones as an added margin of safety.

I think most people crossed the finish with speed appropriate for their tires and brakes. Your car had disproportionate power-to-tires and probably came through the finish hotter than you had tires to stop.

The car has far more potential than the driver.

Your assesment of the car/tire ratio is about right. I was coming through the finish VERY hot and didn't have alot of room to brake. The first pass I locked them up. After that, I was still turning around the cone wall FAR faster than I would like to have been. Ask anyone who rode along. The corner after the finish was problably the hardest one of the whole run.

It's good to be back.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:38 PM

I def need to get my SS out to the next event. Especially since its not all stock. It was ordered with all the goodies from SLP, so its deff better than a reg ss. I should be able to have the sway bar back on by the next event. Hell if I can do half way decent in a s10 extreme, this camaro should do a hell of alot better. I quess I will find out soon enough. I certainly don't expect to be the fastest by anymeans, but I know this car has much more potential than my traction limited extreme did.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:30 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

That car should be tough to beat on an autocross - I know a guy in CA that has an everett morrison that is really fast, especially longer courses.

of course the current site lends itself to the shorter wheelbase miatas and minis. Now a classic mini cooper 1275 would be tough to beat!