Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders Autocross - 10/24/2004

Old 10-20-2004, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was soo joking about the roll cage... i was in fact just trying to tap into you guys as a resource for prep knowledge. no worries... that course looks cool when will we know if it's the definite one?... i just try to learn alot about it before i do it and hopefully it'll help me
Old 10-20-2004, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by nipper's_civic
that course looks cool when will we know if it's the definite one?... i just try to learn alot about it before i do it and hopefully it'll help me
Won't know for sure until it's finalized and safety checked about 9am Sunday morning.

Relax, just come have some fun. We'll brand you with the "Newbie" stamp as you walk through the gate and take good care of you.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:15 AM

... brand me with a stamp?... is that some sort of hazing?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:17 AM

... brand me with a stamp?... is that some sort of hazing?
Kidding. But we do round up all the first timers at the driver's meeting and make sure they get adequate attention. Everything from a novice course walk-through to rides with experienced drivers, to instructors to ride with you. Whatever you need.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:34 AM

sounds great... good enough to miss church.. haha
Old 10-20-2004, 12:15 PM

more questions... will the first run be right after reg ends or when will it all actually start up? would it be rude to leave after my run?... i might have to... don't want to but ya know...
Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 PM

more questions... will the first run be right after reg ends or when will it all actually start up? would it be rude to leave after my run?... i might have to... don't want to but ya know...
At most autocrosses (including this one), you'll be assigned to a run group and a work group and you are expected to be there to work when you are needed.

If you expect you'll need to leave early, it's a good idea to be sure that you're there early (like 7-7:30) to help set up and let the event chairman know what your situation is. We're usually okay with letting people run in the early run group and bail out early on occasion as long as they helped us out in the morning.

How early are you expecting to leave? We're usually done by 3pm or so. We usually do 3 run groups, so if you work and drive in the first two groups, you can be done by 2pm.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:39 PM

plans changed i don't need to leave but thanks for the info.. i'll def be able to help and run..
Old 10-20-2004, 04:01 PM
the whistles go whooo!!!1

Quick question from a novice...

I don't mean want to sound like a jerk but, there's a good chance I'll be at work untill 1 a.m the night before. What's a decent time to show up? I'm trying to get at least a small amount of sleep in,haha.

Also, what kind of tire pressure should I run? I've got 185/15's and I run 29psi on the street. This is for a FF car.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:57 PM
OUCH!!!

look on the sidewall of your tire and see what the max rating is. put them there. it's far easier to take air out than to put it back in. (I don't remember if sunriders has a compressor or not)