Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

helmet?

Old 05-14-2004, 01:16 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helmet?

does anyone know where I can get a decently priced helmet for autocross events like sunriders thanks.
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 05-14-2004, 01:21 PM
bucket

ebay

...or discoveryparts.com if you want a real helmet
Old 05-14-2004, 03:20 PM
The Fat Cobra

make sure it is at least SA2000 if you plan on doing SCCA events. a cheap helmet will do for autox, but if you ever plan on doing track days I suggest you get a good helmet. You only want to put a $10 head in a $10 helmet.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:25 PM
OUCH!!!

http://www.racerwholesale.com
Old 05-14-2004, 04:57 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

thanks for all of your imput. Would I be alright with a open face helmet or should I get one with a cover on it?
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 05-14-2004, 05:24 PM
OUCH!!!

Depends how serious you are about it.

Open face are nice because they're cooler. It's easier to talk to people because you don't have to yell so they can hear you.

If you ever get the opportunity to drive anything without a windshield (like an old lola or a cart), you'll be very glad to have a closed face with visor.

If you ever drive in a car with a full cage, you should have a full face helmet.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:40 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

If you have a $100 head - buy a $100 helmet...

That being said - I would and did buy a decent helmet. I bought the Bell SR Pro - I have seen them under $200. It has full face protection which I need because I'm a handsome guy and I'd hate to think of all the ladies crying if anything happened to my face.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:38 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

thats a nice helmet. Are they all a standard size or can I go some where that I can see what size I need?
Old 05-15-2004, 04:41 AM
OUCH!!!

Sizes vary some by manufacturer (and even model). Most manufacturers have some sort of sizing guide on their website.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:54 AM
is cooler than you

I have a full face helmet here I will sell you at a good price. It's a size small though.....dunno if you're a bubble head or not. Let me know.