Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing
View Poll Results: About this March 13 Primus event...
I am or will become a member and I'll be registering at the $50 member rate.
41.67%
I'm not a member, but I'll be registering at the $65 rate.
37.50%
I'd like to, but I don't meet the experience requirement.
12.50%
I'd like to, but it's too rich for my blood.
0%
I'm completely uninterested in this type of event.
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Primus Event #1 - Poll

Old 01-23-2004, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i have attended at least 4 autox's with you guys over the past couple years...I have also done a BMWCCA autox and a FSF SCCA autox. I have also driven at a track day at sebring.

I assume I would qualify for the event?
Old 01-23-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by therainforest
I know i have attended at least 4 autox's with you guys over the past couple years...I have also done a BMWCCA autox and a FSF SCCA autox. I have also driven at a track day at sebring.

I assume I would qualify for the event?
Pretty safe bet.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:24 PM
bucket

is there any way you can point to other "open track" events that do not have the rollbar requirement for closed roof cars, i.e. pretty much all of them?
Old 01-25-2004, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by neurovish
is there any way you can point to other "open track" events that do not have the rollbar requirement for closed roof cars, i.e. pretty much all of them?
Not gonna argue with the insurance company on their policies. There's only one place on this track where anyone would get over 70 mph, anyway. We'll work it out.

If it REALLY bugs us to have to keep it under 70, and we don't have enough roll-bar equipped folks to run an "open track" event by our insurance company's rules, we can seek other insurance.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:44 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

It looks pretty tight to me - what sort of speeds did you get too when you ran it Loren? You may be able to break up the long sweeper on the left pretty easily to get the speeds down in the bottom of the course.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by g-50Cab
It looks pretty tight to me - what sort of speeds did you get too when you ran it Loren? You may be able to break up the long sweeper on the left pretty easily to get the speeds down in the bottom of the course.
Running in the CW direction, my Miata on street tires reached a good 75ish in the sweeper. With R tires to carry more speed through the hairpin, and/or with more power, one could easily get well over 80.

My personal opinion is that it creates more of a safety issue to modify that sweeper in any way. Toss a chicane in there and you're just adding potential for spins in what is already about the most dangerous part of the track.

Safely, all we can really do is limit acceleration in the straight before the sweeper. We did that with a 7-cone slalom and probably knocked 5-10 mph off of the top speed. None of us felt any safer at that speed, but it would probably get us below the 70 mph barrier.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:52 PM
lifelong learner

is an auto power full bolt in roll cage passing tech for roll bar requirement???/

i want one just because it looks so damn hot
Old 01-26-2004, 04:21 AM

Originally posted by Mattback
is an auto power full bolt in roll cage passing tech for roll bar requirement???/

i want one just because it looks so damn hot
Yes.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:50 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

ahhh clock wise - yes, wouldn't want to do that. Then different insurance - the difference between and 70-90 should not be that big of a deal. Are there ample run off's on the East and NE side of the course where you will be getting speed?