Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

camber kit question

Old 11-06-2003, 05:12 PM
i stepped on my weiner!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camber kit question

anyone here know of a good and easy to use camber kit for a 92-95 civic, i am looking for the one that replace the top of the shock tower and slide in and out, like they have for the mustangs, i just dont know who makes it......or can anyone on here machine me some??

i really would like to be bale to run negative camber on the next road coarse..... street alignments suck ass.

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 11-06-2003, 05:24 PM
cone junkie

you have a honda....they don't make "camber plates", which is what you described for Double Wishbone suspensions.

you have to look at control arms...aka, like the skunk 2 units.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 11-07-2003, 02:23 AM
i stepped on my weiner!

actually jesse they do make camber plates for our cars, just like the cobras, you drill the top of the shock tower out and bolt in the plates, i have seen them, i just dont want to be flipping the camber plates on the control arm everytime i race cause you actually have to remove them to do so, i probably should have posted this in the honda section.....my bust

you had some nice runs in g-ville on saturday......i didnt!!!!!

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 11-07-2003, 06:22 AM
cone junkie

They make plates for the older 3rd gen platforms, but not the later cars. EVERY single STS/DSP Integra/Civic has the same issue.

Cusco makes an "upper bearing" for increased camber, but not your typical camber plate you'll see on Mac Strut cars. Also, if you have to actually drill out the little hole at the top of the shock tower, you're moving to a full Prepared class, as even street mod doesn't allow that....if you care.

If you can show me a picture/link of what you're thinking of, it might help.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 11-07-2003, 08:28 PM

Not a Honda guy, but...

Isn't there some trick where you can use a lower control arm from an Integra which is slightly longer, but otherwise identical, to gain some negative camber?

Be sure to check the rules of whatever class you might want to be legal for if applicable.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:51 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by Loren
Not a Honda guy, but...

Isn't there some trick where you can use a lower control arm from an Integra which is slightly longer, but otherwise identical, to gain some negative camber?

Be sure to check the rules of whatever class you might want to be legal for if applicable.
You can switch upper control arms from side to side to gain a bit of caster.

Anyways, I don't see the issue here. Just grab a set of Skunk2 type upper arms and a set of adjustable heim joints for the rear. No need to go for some off-the-wall solution, this'll work just fine.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:30 AM

You might have an easier time finding an answer to this question on the honda tech board.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:02 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

i have skunk 2 in the front and engalls kit in the rear, in hind sight i wish i would have used ingalls in the front too because they offer caster adjustments, as well as camber adjustments, skunk 2 is camber only. however the skunk 2 is obviously the easier of the 2 to install.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 11-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by BodyRollin'
i have skunk 2 in the front and engalls kit in the rear, in hind sight i wish i would have used ingalls in the front too because they offer caster adjustments, as well as camber adjustments, skunk 2 is camber only. however the skunk 2 is obviously the easier of the 2 to install.
How are they regarding adjustment? Simpler or more difficult?
Old 11-11-2003, 03:04 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by BodyRollin'
caster adjustment is illegal, by the rules of STS.....just FYI....but technically, you're in SM.

-93 MR2, #129 ES