Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

best 6 by 9s for base

Old 02-10-2003, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best 6 by 9s for bass

i know you cant really get too much quality bass out of those, but what would be the best soundiing (bass) for 6 by 9 speakers?? without an amp prererrably on a pioneer dehp8400??

Last edited by PreludeXTC; 02-10-2003 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:16 PM

dam thats expensive but if they hit hard with just the cd player id definetely get it, im getting rid of my prelude very soon for VW GTI most likely (like within a month and a half) so when i do ill definetely hit u up...
Old 02-10-2003, 05:48 PM

$209 is way too much for a set of rockfords. You could get a set at a stereo shop for around $130 or $140. Personally i recommend eclipse SP8992 if you're going for a hard hitting six by nine that will sound good straight from the deck. Especially one of the higher end ones yers. And face it, rockford is starting to fall behind in the sound quality department and are trying to ride on their name alone.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:57 AM
I <3 your mom

Well if your running your radio as an amp for them i wouldnt go with anything to expensive, after awhile your going to reck them by under powering them.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by ultracxnos
Well if your running your radio as an amp for them i wouldnt go with anything to expensive, after awhile your going to reck them by under powering them.

not even. the pioneer dehp8400 is one of pioneers hgher end decks and it has high end components that put out clean mosfit sound they wont hrt the speakers in the least unless he plays it at the highest volume possible. high end speakers sound great over a high end deck.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by Speed_Machine
not even. the pioneer dehp8400 is one of pioneers hgher end decks and it has high end components that put out clean mosfit sound they wont hrt the speakers in the least unless he plays it at the highest volume possible. high end speakers sound great over a high end deck.

word! hehe..ya thats what i was thinking so definetely id be getting the better speakers....maybe later on when funds become available id get an amp for highs and lo's but i dunno its gonna be on a Veedub GTI so what do you guys think?
Old 02-12-2003, 11:13 AM

Hey I have a set of Crossfire Audio 6x9's

there kick ass speakers, still in box, never opened.

goto http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com and look for the sx69's

Make offer if you want them

Jesse
Old 02-12-2003, 11:55 AM
I <3 your mom

Originally posted by Speed_Machine
I agree to a point but why would you buy $200 speakers and then take the chance at wrecking them running of a deck? You do not get the mosfit power you get with running a amp and plus the crossover ranges are not there too. See its better to over power then under power plain and simple.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:46 PM

^

but i also repeat unless hes playing them at a incredibly high power hes not going to hurt them and actually the pioneer dehp8400 had a very nice crossover system you can set a variable high pass filter and also adjust the sound wave pattern these decks actualy are one of the best around for running speakers straight from the deck , before i was running a set of infinity kappa componants straight from my deck but now im sporting a pioneer premier PRE X-340 amp and the only difference in sound quality is slightly better bass response and with the amp i can reach higher volumes other than that the deck did a great job of powering my speakers. oh im running a pioneer premier deh p730 deck