Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

favorite subs......

Old 11-15-2002, 05:03 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default favorite subs......

question..... what is everyones favorite 10" sub and y? i am lookin to build a system in a 1986 posche 944 and lookin to base it off of 3 tens (4 wont fit all that easy) im gonna have a sealed box that i am gonna custom build (yes i do good work if anyone needs a lil help) i just havent been into the audio scene since early last year and wanted to know....also if anyone knows of any places to get last years equipment please let me know because what i have seen so far this year i dont like the new subs as much as the old ones (2001 models) originally i had planned to build this system in my Z car (1978 datsun 280) but wrecked it and at the time i was lookin at the sony mobile ES (not bottom of the line cheap shit) tens with the external heat sink. which, by the way, if you have not heard them are an absolute dream to the ears. if anyone knows where to get those you would be my hero!!! but if not just let me know of something that has the same CLEAN image NOT JUST LOUD, SO FUCK OFF ROCKFORD FOSGATE!!!! lol thanx in advance

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 11-15-2002, 06:12 AM
Just Ledoux it!

1. external heatsink? triangular sub? same boat

2. Sony mobile ES is the bottom of the top of the line imhoand I doubt I'll touch it ever again after my brief experince with it. It doesnt compare to my clarion

3. RF subs can be clean too, but you just have to move up the model line, like you say "(not bottom of the line cheap shit)"

4. not to the matter at hand. You want my favorite 10 inch sub. Image dynamics. look at thier line, if you cna find a retailer, go listen
Old 11-15-2002, 12:07 PM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

what did you have that was mobile ES? it all depends on what you get from them. the new stuff sucks hardcore but the stuff from like 2000-2001 is indeed good so yes .......sony=good i used to work with a guy that had a jeep wrangler that was walled off with sony mobile ES 10's and he hit 164.2 db in an IASCA sound comp. so yeah they are just fine. and i was referring to the high end RF the image just isnt clean enough, focused more around just being loud. so do you know who deals in image dynamics?

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 11-15-2002, 09:08 PM
Just Ledoux it!

sony m650es from 2k1 Ibelive

sony can throw down in like tv's and osme home stereo, digital cameras, etc, mobile stuff isnt sony's strong suit

high Db's isnt exactly the most complicated ting to do, theres no soundstage to reproduce and no imaging to deal with
Old 11-20-2002, 05:48 AM

Agreed. I once was planning on going with the Mobil ES. Sure its top of the line for sony, but it will get beat by almost any other company.

If you have the money, or know of a hook up... w7's. My second choice would be the new Diamond TDX's.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:17 AM

Ive done a few installs in my day, and would have to say Image Dynamics all the way. Ive installed Sony, fosgate, mtx,Soundstream,JBL, JL, Mcintosh, and a few others . IMO Image Dynamics and JL top them all.

IDQ!!!