Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Recommend me an 8" sub......

Old 03-01-2010, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend me an 8" sub......

Looking to replace my current sub which is an 8" Kicker CVR. Needs to be comparable (spec-wise) but better performance-wise. Gotta be less than 4.5" mounting depth, require around 0.4 cubic ft. of sealed air space, and be 8" because of the current application as being under the driver's seat. I'll be able to throw about 150-200w rms at it. Any suggestions?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 AM
All American, rice eater!

if you can open the hole up to a 10" you can do a EXILE xtec 10
Exile Audio
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
coolest dude ever

If you got another 1" mounting depth, I could get you an Ascendant Audio Assassin.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Maximaniac

Good to see you still lurking around here John.

An 8" W1v2 fits the bill, assuming you could feed it the power at 4 ohms. Stop by MCOR in Lutz if you're interested and Matt or I will hook you up, or if you just want to say whats up to us and James Duke who now works for us as well.

-Kevin
Old 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM

Given where it's at....the mounting depth and diameter is maxed out. The only thing I might be able to do is squeeze a tiny bit more of air space out of a new box...but not much.

Originally Posted by kpr10is
Good to see you still lurking around here John.

An 8" W1v2 fits the bill, assuming you could feed it the power at 4 ohms. Stop by MCOR in Lutz if you're interested and Matt or I will hook you up, or if you just want to say whats up to us and James Duke who now works for us as well.

-Kevin
Ah, didn't know James was up there. Say hey to him for me, haven't seen him in years!

Do you think the w1 would be that much better than the cvr?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Maximaniac

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Ah, didn't know James was up there. Say hey to him for me, haven't seen him in years!

Do you think the w1 would be that much better than the cvr?
Loudness, I doubt anything will be a massive improvement because you dont have room for much variation with your space constraints. However, the W1 does have a slightly higher efficiency and also a lower Fs, so I think you'd see some improvement. Not to mention the overall cleanliness.

I'm pretty sure we have it in stock, but I'd have to make sure if you're interested (today is my day off). If it comes down to it, we could throw the sub in your box and give it a test run.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by kpr10is
Loudness, I doubt anything will be a massive improvement because you dont have room for much variation with your space constraints. However, the W1 does have a slightly higher efficiency and also a lower Fs, so I think you'd see some improvement. Not to mention the overall cleanliness.

I'm pretty sure we have it in stock, but I'd have to make sure if you're interested (today is my day off). If it comes down to it, we could throw the sub in your box and give it a test run.
Yeah, shoot me a p m on what you guys would be able to sell it to me for. Thanks.