Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Still having problems with rear speaker cover

Old 02-20-2010, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still having problems with rear speaker cover

I took out the back seats to get the rear plastic piece that covers the speakers/integrates 3rd brake light. I tried and tried to figure out the solution to the rattle that is generated by the thin plastick deck hitting the metal openings where it goes in to. There are little tabs at the end of the cover and it goes into the metal opening. I currently have the seats out so I can have the deck issue resolved, and need ideas on how to fix it. If anyone has experience with it please let me know how you fixed it. If anyone is open tomorrow (sunday) I can drive up (would probably take 10 minutes to fix it, if that).

Thank you for your time
Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 AM
isuck

wrap every "clip point" with electrical tape and then every point where the cover contacts with the opening over the speaker grill, basically using it as insulation.

Since it's thick and rather rubbery, they should muffle it out.

Otherwise get foam and place it in between the aforementioned areas and tighten it down well.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM

Foam will work. Also, as mentioned, wrapping or insulating all snap clips so they cannot move when snapped in will work too. Long strips of velcro can work wonders on rear decks also. Whatever shuts it up!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Thanks