Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

8 gauge and higher crimper

Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Bewbie Ricer Type-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8 gauge and higher crimper

Hey, I am unable for the life of me to find out where I can get a crimp tool for 8 gauge and higher wire. Anyone care to help me out? I have some 8 gauge crimps I would like to use to finish up my audio install.

Help is appreciated
"Damn, my girl got snatched..."
"Kick his ass dude!"
"Nah man... it was Patrick bro"
"Awww shit... leave it alone, that fucker will kill you"
"I didn't know Jesus went to this school"
"Nah dude... that guy right there, that's Patrick. But they are easily confused"
Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 AM
bassheadsent.net

i dunno about 8 ga but for 0ga i use a hammer......
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 AM
All American, rice eater!

i use my normal cripers on each side, the put them in the vice, and then solider them & heat shrink!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
No really,....it is

if your using fittings like these on wire that big or bigger it really should be soldered anyways..thats why you cant find a tool because its not much longer to solder it and it will never come loose like crimping does...and thats the last thing you want on wire that big...

solder it like this...(im not saying you dont know how but just in case you dont or if anyone else if reading this...solder! so you dont burn your shit to the ground!)

YouTube - 8AWG Terminal Soldering

I got V-TECH AND HEADERS!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Bewbie Ricer Type-R

Appreciate the heads up. I could do that with my butane torch i'm sure. Guess i'll invest in some solder ends and heatshrink for the wires.
"Kick his ass dude!"
"Nah dude... that guy right there, that's Patrick. But they are easily confused"
Old 01-14-2010, 05:49 PM
bassheadsent.net

i jus got a solder iron ima try it out
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM
No really,....it is

Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore
i jus got a solder iron ima try it out

good luck with that if your trying to solder anything decent in size anyways. but when you do can you post a vid! would love to watch ...but i know you know better than that

and to the op. that torch will work...just make sure you get a decent amount of solder in there...that video is ghetto and the guy doesnt seem very bright but you get the idea im sure...thats how ive always done it...i am, in no way a master car audio guy like a very select few guys on here but some stuff is common sense..but thats hard to say around this section of the forums...doesnt seem like common sense is too common in here lol

I got V-TECH AND HEADERS!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM
bassheadsent.net

Originally Posted by My Honda Is Slow
good luck with that if your trying to solder anything decent in size anyways. but when you do can you post a vid! would love to watch ...but i know you know better than that

and to the op. that torch will work...just make sure you get a decent amount of solder in there...that video is ghetto and the guy doesnt seem very bright but you get the idea im sure...thats how ive always done it...i am, in no way a master car audio guy like a very select few guys on here but some stuff is common sense..but thats hard to say around this section of the forums...doesnt seem like common sense is too common in here lol
pull the stick out ur ass man life will be alot better....ill post pics for you when im done-
Old 02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Bewbie Ricer Type-R

Don't mean to bring a thread back from the dead, but where can I get the lugs for soldering? Preferrably local that won't want like $1.70 each (approximate price for 10 with shipping online).
"Kick his ass dude!"
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Largo
Don't mean to bring a thread back from the dead, but where can I get the lugs for soldering? Preferrably local that won't want like $1.70 each (approximate price for 10 with shipping online).
We of course stock them as we use them daily. Many of the DIYers here get there stuff from us. Give me a call if we can help...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"