Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Pioneer Avic-F900BT

Old 04-25-2009, 01:52 PM
400hp club, barely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Avic-F900BT

Just had this installed recently. Is there a way to a personal photo as a background image or something like that? I would think with all the options this damn thing has, it would have this option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:11 PM

Default Not sure

I have not heard of it yet but check out AVIC411.com and if it is possible someone their will know or just read your manual fully as if it is possible they will have listed in their.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
400hp club, barely

Yeah I'll check it out thanks man. I overlooked the manual, but its like 200 pages on a cd rom lol.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 PM

yes you can.. easiest way to do it is google backgrounds for it and there will be premade backgrounds.. the premade ones are usually the max dimensions.. I have a few if you want.. You then get a thumb/flash drive and make a folder called.. Pictures... stick the picture in there.. then go like you the splash screen and do import..

now then the image will only show up when you turn it on.. the boot up screen.. it does not have a permanent background option
Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 AM

+1 to the above for a splash screen on boot up only. However, if you want to dig a little deeper, you can hack into the Windows CE operating system as they have done on AVIC411.com as mentioned above. We have a client who is a programmer and I am amazed by what he has done with his F900BT. When his boots up, it goes to a Windows type screen with desktop icons, start menu bar, etc. He is currently trying to figure out how to integrate a wireless mouse and keyboard but is having some difficulty with the software. It has been some months since he has come by so he might be there already. He was working on WiFi access also. Not sure where he went with that either.

It takes allot of reading and patience but these units are very hackable/customizable. We really don't have time to mess with them much but I am amazed at what customers have done with them!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM
400hp club, barely

Thanks for alot for the help. Yeah I used to be good at figuring little shit like this out, but im too impatient anymore. All I tried to do was throw a jpeg on my thumbdrive, which didn't work. I'll try what you said. Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM

Default Let us know

Hey Keep us informed as to what you find out, if you would.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 AM
400hp club, barely

I wonder what file types are supported. Jpeg's apparently do not work, or I'm just doing it wrong. I put it on the usb. It shows the folder that I put the pictures in, but when I open the folder, nothing is there. I'm assuming this means its not recongizing the file type?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:56 PM

did you make it the appropriate size?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by pnrcaraudio
Hey Keep us informed as to what you find out, if you would.

what would you like to be updated on? there is all kinds of cool ish you can do with these.. no permanent backgrounds yet but you can change the menu icons.. right now there is an ipod based menu you can do your own or w.e