Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

no radio connection

Old 03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Ecotec y0!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no radio connection

my moms car (95 civic) is getting all static for the radio.

there is a antennae on the car so idk what the deal is. I pulled out the radio to make sure the antennae plug was pushed all the way in, and i find out there its just the wire.. no plug. Like the end of it that kinda looks like a rca jack, its gone, its just a wire.

now my question....

does like radioshack have those plug ends? like where i can just then splice it into that wire and then it will be fine?

or does anyone for that matter have those ends? i'd like to help my mom out asap.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scott90
my moms car (95 civic) is getting all static for the radio.

there is a antennae on the car so idk what the deal is. I pulled out the radio to make sure the antennae plug was pushed all the way in, and i find out there its just the wire.. no plug. Like the end of it that kinda looks like a rca jack, its gone, its just a wire.

now my question....

does like radioshack have those plug ends? like where i can just then splice it into that wire and then it will be fine?

or does anyone for that matter have those ends? i'd like to help my mom out asap.
I had the same problem. The quick fix is to splice in a "end" from a
after market antenna wire (you should be able to get it @ Radio Shack). It will work just fine. Or if your feeling brave replace the whole unit.

Last edited by DaMF'inBoss; 03-14-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Metra makes antennae repair ends but they are hard to find (I haven't had one in stock for at least a year). Your cheap/quick alternative is to go to say WalMart and buy the cheap crappy universal antennae adaptor and cut off the standard universal male antennae end. It takes some finesse, but it can be splices back to together. You may be able also to find that repair kit at better stocking auto parts stores like a larger Pep Boys or Auto Zone.

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
?????

another quicker way and not depending on how good u are with interiors and running new lines is to find where the factory split in the wire is (theres usually 2 or 3 between the ant. and the radio) and just go get like a new 6 or 12 foot section of universal ant. and just run that. since thats the style up on the driver side u could probably just pull down the headliner under the ant. and the a pillar and there should be a place where there is a split from the factory. then u can just run it from that split to the back of the radio. unless u would feel more comfortable crimping on a new ant. end like theyre saying, but im just throwing out another alternative.
08 Ridgeline with all JL system: Traded
94 343whp D16z6 Del Sol: Sold
04 VW R32: Doin' Thangz
Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Ecotec y0!

thanks guys!