Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

6.5 speaker spacers

Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.5 speaker spacers

Hey Anyone with a router and left over mdf that lives somewhat close to westchase if you would like to make me 9x9 squares with 6.5 holes in the middle let me know.. I don't have a router and don't feel like paying a shop w/e stupid price they might ask..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM

if u wanna drive up kyle ill do it for free
Old 12-31-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kyleisme
Hey Anyone with a router and left over mdf that lives somewhat close to westchase if you would like to make me 9x9 squares with 6.5 holes in the middle let me know.. I don't have a router and don't feel like paying a shop w/e stupid price they might ask..
Man, for all the free help you get from "stupid priced shops" here, you sure have some harsh words. We would probably make the peices for about $30 with a router to your spec just to help you out. Allot cheaper than buying a full sheet 8' of MDF! Is that a "stupid" price?

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by irupp33
if u wanna drive up kyle ill do it for free
hey bro I don't have wood is that a prob? or if you REALLY need wood I can bring by my old pos prefab box i have.. Would you need the speakers to measure? If so I won't get it til the 5 i believe..
Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MCOR
Man, for all the free help you get from "stupid priced shops" here, you sure have some harsh words. We would probably make the peices for about $30 with a router to your spec just to help you out. Allot cheaper than buying a full sheet 8' of MDF! Is that a "stupid" price?
well a few things here.. 1.. a full sheet of mdf is about $30.. 2.. I said anyone with left overs.. Seeing if someone wanted like 10-15 for their time although he said he would do it for free Which is awesome.. 3.. I didn't want to go to a shop and play the price is right game.. 4.. I was in no way referring to you guys over there.. I hear wonderful things but you still are a shop in for money and thats not what i wanted.. You will 9 times out of 10 be more expensive.. the 1 would be only because you have the ability to buy in bulk in which would get you a discount being able for you to extend the discount to customers.. So no disrespect to you or any other shop..
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 AM

No I don't need the speakers to make the cutouts and yes I have tons of left overs, half sheets, you know the deal LOL... Maybe bring a soda or something and call it even LOL
Old 01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
All American, rice eater!

do you look for discount or someone who would do it on the side when you goto the dentist or doctor, if you dont support your local shops they wont be there for you in the future when you need them, yes you can buy shit cheaper online, but how much is the warranty worth to you or being able to get help from a live person when you have a problem, and half the time people forget about the shippingand they end up spending the same amount of $$$ but now have to wait 5-6 day for your shit to arrive in a banged up box, the ups guy just left on your door matt.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:58 AM

I guess it all depends on what your looking for, I agree on buying stuff to support your local shop but some shops are out of control when it comes to labor. For instance the mazda truck I just finished was about as basic of a build as it could be and before he came to me he priced avs up here and they told him $650 just for labor and materials. When in actuality materials only cost us $75. So yes the value of customer service and warrenty is what local shops are great to have for.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM

I understand everyone's point of view but blanket statements burn my ass. I just find that the ones that USUALLY (not always) bash local shops are also the ones who have NEVER actually used any of them-just heard stories (made up or true). I also find that many people feel that ALL local shops pricing will be outrageous becuase they are all "out to double their profits" on every customer that walks in the door.

We personally purchase in large quantities as we service many car dealerships. So, looks are deceiving at this little shop but we do pass these savings onto the customers. This is so we CAN compete with the big box stores. We don't even try to compete with online sales. So much of it is bootleg and worthless items and the customer finds that it would have just been less $$ and much less hassle in the end to just purchase and have items installed through a REPUTABLE local shop.

Also, everyone has a job. You don't go to a buddies house to buy a Big Mac because he is not going to make a profit on it. Everyone here has a job and they do because their employer charges customers more than he paid for a product or service. That's called profit and that is what keeps you employed. Now, if the business charges too much for services/product rendered, then F em. They will eventually go out of business as what goes around comes around (look at all the empty storefronts in our wonderful recession as of late).

Just don't class all shops into this category. There are tons of members just at this website who have gotten loads of free information from us over the years (and from many other shops especially in the performance arena). I would even go as far as to figure that 50% of them have NEVER spent a dollar with us. So are all shops still alike?

I personally have all calls forwarded to my cell phone when we are closed or the shop line is being used. It gets answered 24/7 (many here can attest to that). I may not be as cheap as the flea market dealer or the eBay wholesaler, but I am here when you need me and my employees are also. Good or bad, I answer the phone ALWAYS. You pay for customer service and we are busting at the seams becuase of this service we offer. I know not every job will be a slam-dunk, but some of the most profitable work we have gotten in the past was from a "well-to-do" friend of a person that we had done a miniscule job for. The first client may get a $99 radio, then his rich boss comes in for $2500 worth of JL Audio installation (just happened last week as a matter of fact).

We are not all crooks. And I would venture to say that most guys that are from shops that take their time to post help here over the years are the ones that are passionate about this industry. Not just here to make a quick buck off of everyone that they cross paths with.

Whew, I am out of breath! I'll go back to my little hole now...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"

Last edited by MCOR; 01-01-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM
technician ...

^very well put .... being a car enthusiast and a former business owner and worked for several small business i agree completely with you .....

Originally Posted by George Orwell 1984
Its presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a "real" world where "real" things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own mind? All happenings are in the mind. What ever happens in all minds, truly happens.
Originally Posted by Funk
Your mind contains the whole universe, the key is being able to see past yourself, this world, and thought itself.