Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

component set??

Old 12-14-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default component set??

if you have subs already what is the point of the mid bass speakers? would it go on a low pass setting or off then the tweeters on high or what i have sony 6x9s and im lookin to upgrade along with the installation of my new L7 15 and tma amp
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 AM

components... You have mid bass for well MID bass.. its middle of the spectrum.. subs bottom.. tweets top..
Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 AM
technician ...

Originally Posted by bryson240
if you have subs already what is the point of the mid bass speakers? would it go on a low pass setting or off then the tweeters on high or what i have sony 6x9s and im lookin to upgrade along with the installation of my new L7 15 and tma amp
the simple answere was the one posted above .... Now what are you trying to accomplish? You said you wanted to trade 6x9 for components??? so are they on your rear ???... plus what kind of car and what are the total amount of speakers and where do you want to put them ??? once you answer those questions we might be able to help you a little more ....

Originally Posted by George Orwell 1984
Its presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a "real" world where "real" things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own mind? All happenings are in the mind. What ever happens in all minds, truly happens.
Originally Posted by Funk
Your mind contains the whole universe, the key is being able to see past yourself, this world, and thought itself.

Last edited by kapone; 12-14-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
King of Ricers

Originally Posted by bryson240

subs are meant to play sub bass frequencies with a crossover point between 20 and 200hz - midrange speakers cover the 300 - 1khz range.

It seems that in recent times it has become a fad to put like 5 pairs of horns and pump a full range signal through them =/

Old 12-15-2008, 04:58 AM

i want to get some but im not sure wich ones to get i thought about keeping all kicker speakers but they are cheap so im guessing they sound cheap so the mid bass speakers go on high pass? or off?
Old 12-15-2008, 07:51 AM
isuck

dude, separate your thoughts when you type. It's hard to understand exactly what you're asking us; sounds like a 6 year old trying to tell a story.

VERY BASICALLY put, you have three different types of speakers: Tweeters, midrange drivers, and subwoofers.

The point of having all of these is because at their cone and magnet size, the speakers are able to produce their intended frequencies optimally. High pitched sounds are very high frequencies. This is accomplished by tweeter's tiny sizes vibrating VERY quickly to produce the high frequencies. Subwoofers are NOT capable of this, as they are too big and heavy to move that quickly. This is the reason why you need the different speaker sizes for the different frequencies.

Like what notladstyle wrote: Subwoofers are meant to cover 25ish - 200 frequencies MAX. You do not really want to ever go under or above these for two reasons.
1. Most subwoofers are just incapable of it, and will overheat quickly if you do.
2. You probably won't be able to hear it at all or will sound like garbage.

These reasons basically go for the midrange and tweets as well, fall outside of their intended ranges and you'll get some nasty distortions or will be very low audibly.

Midrange covers everything that the Subs can't. Meaning, about 200-250 to up to around 1000hz.

Tweeters, obviously everything above that.

You get many benefits from multiple dedicated speakers:

Dedicated frequencies, optimal playback, increased volume without distortion, lower amount of stress on the components...

To answer your question above. Cheaper is never better. stay away from kicker if you want quality sound, unless you're willing to work hard to make them sound decent. If you just can't afford it, do what other people constantly recommend in this forum, just get a nice pair of component (non kicker) speakers up in the front stage of the car, just don't put anything in the rear.

Personally, I love having rear fill, the sound envelops me more and it feels "warmer" to me.
Also it lets the fuckers who sit in the back be able to hear well too.

You will need to see what you want to go for: SQ or SPL. From there, we'll be able to guide you along what components to choose from if you want to continue...
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.

Last edited by P057; 12-15-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM

true that helps aot, and yeah sorry about the typing i had to type fast i was in school. and i have an extended cab truck and the back seat has been replaced with a 5 cube box ported to 33 hertz with an L7 15. so i guess i dont really need speakers in the back doors becuase is impossible to sit back there.

so any reccomendations on midwoofers and tweeters?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:04 PM

you can put speakers up top in back.. some small ones for rear fill.. also what is your budget?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Very good information posted above about the intended use of the three different type of speakers.

Now, as was asked, what is your budget and what year/make/model vehicle do you have? Chances are one of us has done many different types of setups for different budgets over the years and can tell you exactly what will sound good and what won't. Here in Land O Lakes, I think we have installed equipment in every pickup ever made. Hell, I can tell you what sounds good in a tractor-from experience!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 PM

I wouldn't even ever consider using a subwoofer past 80hz. Usually not even past 63hz. From there up to around 2khz should be taking care of by mids. If you heard a car set-up well you would know why you need mid-bass.

Alarm: Viper 5200
HU: Stock
Active Set-Up
Tweets: Image Dyamics CD1pro mini horns
Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8s
Amp: Kicker IX500.4 (2)
Sub Stage
Subs: (2) Dayton Audio 15" HF
Amp: Kicker IX1000.1