Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

I must share

Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 AM
All American, rice eater!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must share

A friend of mine bought a new car
I knew the car he bought - it was owned a guy i knew - he ownes a speed shop here in tampa.

The stereo system was done by a shop here in tampa - (lets see who guesses)

From the outside it doesnt look bad - except 1/2 the items dont work
subs dont play, none of the video works (all 4 screens), the xbox does not work, there is no am/fm reception, only a handle full of the led/neon lights work - -this car won nopi 2 times! - so i pull the passenger set, rocker panel & kick, pull radio - and start to cry to what i see - the biggest birds nest ever - T-taps everywhere - 18 guage speaker wire - rca for sound and video unpluged some taped off some not, not one wire tie, wire nuts!!!!!, house solid copper wire, i have to stop - (pics will come) so for tonight he just wanted one video screen removed - done - next was fix antenna - so off to the trunk, pull couple panels loose, and find the granddaddy birds nest to the one i found earlier, 6 relays 2 big caps just rolling around as i moved wires around i get 4 of july sparks!!!! yeaaaaa.
I get to the power antenna - it is burn up - so i pull it out he had a factory piece reinstalled and hooked up the factory antenna signal amp - now we have am/fm!!!!!
this is so bad i told him i could not go any further with out a rewire, it would be faster to perform the aborition and start from scratch than try to trac down the wires in this car, now i have to find 8-10 hours to fix this car.

Hint to the shop that did this - it is located on Dale Mabry - every time you drive by the look very busy. guessing starts now!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 AM
King of Ricers

1stgen7 has had a job all this time?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 AM
is better than you™

i might have an Itch or a Buzz in my ear... close?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 AM

i thin he would have done a better job - and that is no kidding..

nope not yet!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Maximaniac

Divine?

jriggs got my first couple guesses...

EDIT: host pics already...
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 AM

BINGO -

this gives the whole industry a bad name when someone who does not care about what they are doing (but getting paid for it) - it is if they purposly did a bad job. in fact they did purposly did shit work, they must be proud of it to ship it like it is.........
Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 AM
is better than you™

divine was going to be my next guess. alrighty lets see the pics of the duck tape and wire nuts lol

Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 AM

pics not tell thursday - it's all coming out!!!!

Duck tape i wish - this is worse than the install i had to fix that used bandaids to hold wires together.

they used velcro (soft side) to hide gaps around radio instead of getting a dash kit.
I am even going to pull the door panels and have a look!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Maximaniac

Agreed with the whole industry comment. I wish all the shithole hack shops would disappear already so those of us who care would not only get their business but have an industry that was respected and growing.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by kpr10is
Agreed with the whole industry comment. I wish all the shithole hack shops would disappear already so those of us who care would not only get their business but have an industry that was respected and growing.
+1! Post those pics for all the world to see. This won't be the first instance of this for them. This just proves the old adage-location location location. HACK SHOPS MUST CONTINUE TO FAIL and drop out of business for good!

We get so much of this crap anymore that we were toying with the idea of changing our front page ad on "The Flyer" to "We Fix Everyone Elses Mistakes" and put in a special web address taking customers to befores and afters that we have dealt with. Came up with a ton of titles and we are still brainstorming.

Can't wait to see these pics!!!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"