Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Carputer help

Old 11-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Madman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carputer help

Can anyone point me in the direction of a shop local who has installed nice carputres? I have a project I am eager to get started on and I'd rather not fly blindly to the first shop I googled.

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. " --Ben Franklin
Old 11-15-2008, 11:35 PM

Specifics would be quite beneficial. otherwise we might as well recommend a custom car audio shop. lol
Old 11-16-2008, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Specifics would be quite beneficial. otherwise we might as well recommend a custom car audio shop. lol
(+1 to John's comment). This is a pretty custom-type project not to give any specifics on. What do you want it to do, what kind of vehicle is it going into, what is your budget, etc...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"

Last edited by MCOR; 11-16-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Madman

Fair enough.

I want to see the best I can get done with as little visible changes as possible. I have a double din stereo in her and there is plenty room to work with. Down the line I wanrted to hook her up to a household electrical outlet, roll my turntables out the back and DJ from there, but in the meantime I want to have a fully functioning PC running the show.

Here is my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3182451

Budget...(points to car listed as my car)

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. " --Ben Franklin
Old 11-16-2008, 02:54 PM
is better than you™

are you looking to do it yourself? or have a shop build and install one for you?

when i played the carputer game i picked up most of my parts off of Mp3Car Custom Car Computers! every now and then they run a deal for a total package where all you need to do is load your os and go for cheap money.

they are fun, you will run into kinks, they will piss you off but when it works it is a very cool toy

::edit::
just re read and noticed you want to have a shop do it for you, it's easy do it yourself lol

Last edited by jriggs; 11-16-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:02 PM

Hearse is very cool. That would be a fun project. You have been PM'd...

These projects range from ghetto-style $600 cheap put-together stuff to all-out purpose built systems in the thousands. You can decide.

Also, I see your Lotus Elise is equipped with JL Audio speakers. Does it have their Stealthbox? If not, you have to check it out. This is one really classy piece for the Elise. A little pricey but a ton of sound in a small package, just like these cars!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"

Last edited by MCOR; 11-16-2008 at 04:21 PM.