Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

JL Audio....

Old 10-30-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL Audio....

For those locally who are serious audio afficionados, please see my JL thread through the link below in our shop forum and post what you think...

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/m...-retailer.html

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Thanks for all the feedback!

We are pleased to announce that we have signed all the paperwork and are placing the opening order for the JL Audio equipment on Friday (11.07.08 ). and will have the first items arriving early next week. We have our territory locked but that will be a GREAT thing for our usual customers!

For more info, hit us up under our shop forum as I don't want to break posting rules in the general forums!

Thanks again for all your support! We are pretty excited about this...

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Too bad the w6v2s cant handle 1.5kw.

Alarm: Viper 5200
HU: Stock
Active Set-Up
Tweets: Image Dyamics CD1pro mini horns
Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8s
Amp: Kicker IX500.4 (2)
Sub Stage
Subs: (2) Dayton Audio 15" HF
Amp: Kicker IX1000.1
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by the727kid
Too bad the w6v2s cant handle 1.5kw.
The W6 is not their premier line anyway (as you know). Step into the 13W7 and you can safely cram 1.5kw into it. JL Audio Products: Subwoofers / 13W7

The W6 lineup is made to reproduce "audiophile quality bass in a small enclosure"-not necessarily ground pound (although I am sure like me, you have heard a few do just that).

The W6 makes a great single sub setup IMO for alot of the new cars we do that want thump but cannot loose allot of trunk space. You can also save money on the amp because it doesn't require ridiculous power. We will be selling mostly this line as it seems to be their most popular.

I am still unsure of their components and where the price/quality of sound will be justified. I have not used many of their component systems so we'll be experimenting I guess.

Do you have any real-world experience with any of their component lines?

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 AM

Yea, the W7s are out of my price range, and the depth is too much for my upcoming build. I have always wanted to try a w6v2 though.

No, never installed any, heard any installed, or even heard any legit reviews, kind of weird lol.

Alarm: Viper 5200
HU: Stock
Active Set-Up
Tweets: Image Dyamics CD1pro mini horns
Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8s
Amp: Kicker IX500.4 (2)
Sub Stage
Subs: (2) Dayton Audio 15" HF
Amp: Kicker IX1000.1
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 AM

W6's are jammin subs! Wait till this Tahoe is done, it'll be sweet....8 12W6's....4 1000/1's.....7 sets of ZR6.5's......And Adrian, no jokes about how it'll never be done
The w7's are cool to look at, but they are impractical for a lot of applications. But get a couple in a nice big ported enclosure with some real power, and they rock.
Stealthboxes rock too.....great sound for almost zero time installing.

I'm not a JL dealer, but back in PA i worked at one. The 12w6 ported prefab and 500/1 combo sold like hotcakes, and had the best SPL/SQ mix you can get for around 1000$.
727-573-2626
www.audioexpertonline.com

Audio Expert's Facebook site

Old 11-07-2008, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by luke81
W6's are jammin subs! Wait till this Tahoe is done, it'll be sweet....8 12W6's....4 1000/1's.....7 sets of ZR6.5's......And Adrian, no jokes about how it'll never be done
The w7's are cool to look at, but they are impractical for a lot of applications. But get a couple in a nice big ported enclosure with some real power, and they rock.
Stealthboxes rock too.....great sound for almost zero time installing.

I'm not a JL dealer, but back in PA i worked at one. The 12w6 ported prefab and 500/1 combo sold like hotcakes, and had the best SPL/SQ mix you can get for around 1000$.
As always, your input is MUCH appreciated Luke! I have made a note of that suggestion and will be sure that a few are included in the initial order.

Still can't get much feedback on the components though. They have like three different levels and no one seems to know which ones are the best sellers. Maybe JL's components are not hot movers? I dunno. I'll ask in some of the other audiophile forums...

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM
is better than you™

good deal on the jl gig.

speaking of stealth boxes by chance does jl make a 'stealth box' for the e39 bmw (in particular 2002 540i with dsp audio)? i picked up the bsw one 10 set up but i think two 8s or 10s would sound better

Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM

I've always thought of the w6's as more of their spl sub and the w7 as being geared more toward sq. The w6 is defiently the best value, requiring about half the power as that of a w7 and usually just as loud.

Their components and full range speakers are good, but not phenomenal. Amps and subs are the biggest sellers.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by the727kid
Yea, the W7s are out of my price range, and the depth is too much for my upcoming build. I have always wanted to try a w6v2 though.

No, never installed any, heard any installed, or even heard any legit reviews, kind of weird lol.
you can hear mine when you do my big 3