Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Window Tinter

Old 03-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tinter

You guys/gals know that I never post off topic but I know that alot of tinters surf this Audio HQ (I already posted in "For Hire" on Tampa Forums with no luck-twice). We are looking for an experienced window tinter-as many TR members who have come to us will attest-shop is clean, air conditioned, LLumar tint, latest Graphtec Plotter machine, 40 hours per week only, top pay, laid back but busy, etc. Please give Matt a call if you would like to join our team.

MODS, please let this thread run for a little while if you can-if not, I understand...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"

Last edited by MCOR; 03-21-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:25 PM

I've been wanting to get into the business..i just do not know how to go about it,i have no experiance but it's always been some-what of a dream job i've had.lol.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Tinting is actually a very neat art. However, I have found that it takes years of experience for a tinter to make a good living at it. Tinting is a skill, people can either do it, or they just can't-not much in between. Good luck if you do decide to persue it however-you never know, we might hire in an apprentice one day...

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 03-21-2008, 08:11 PM

So how do i learn..is there classes i can take or something like that?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:59 AM
King of Ricers

Originally Posted by brandnewheights
So how do i learn..is there classes i can take or something like that?
Window Tint Installation Instructions

There are some classes you can take at automotive schools that teach it, but googling it online is much cheaper and will net the same result.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:51 AM
isuck

Not to mention, he said it was like an art. Try making a portfolio of tint jobs. Buy some tint at the store and try it out on your car, sister's, mom's, brother's, dad's, uncle's, and friend's cars. Take LOTS of detailed photographs of good installations. Doesn't matter what tint type it is, since they're not going to be looking to see if you're a cheap ass, they're going to be looking at how well you cut and how good the install looks.

Know what I'm sayin'?
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by notlaDstyle
Window Tint Installation Instructions

There are some classes you can take at automotive schools that teach it, but googling it online is much cheaper and will net the same result.
I've watched more than a few tint jobs, and I really doubt you could learn to do it online. Particularly things like heat shrinking the back window, and such.

Bekaert (or something like that)...the distributor for SolarGuard down in Clearwater used to offer classes, but like MCOR said, it is an art, and takes lots of practice.

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 03-22-2008, 06:17 PM

LLumar still runs classes a couple of times a year however they do charge for it. Now if you work for a good LLumar dealer, they will usually slide a guy through the class at no charge. If you have to pay, it is around $500 or so. And, they say that you should have at least been around a tint shop for a while getting some experience before hitting the class. Some advice: Walk into a good tint shop, ask for the owner, and offer at no charge to apprentice with a tinter if they will allow you to sit in. In exchange, you would like to get some formal training if they would be willing to hire you once you prove your worth. This industry is always in need of GOOD window tinters...

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

Old 03-25-2008, 06:11 PM

After MULTIPLE interviews, we once again have a GREAT tinter on staff. This guy knows his stuff and works the plotter machine like TR members work a newb! He knows custom vinyl graphics, graphics in the tint (mirror/limo and reverse), clear bra (paint protection film for the nose), etc. Work is as flawless as everything else we have put out in the past, and just as quick. Thanks for all those that PM'd me and good luck to everyone out there still looking...

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454