Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

JL w6v2

Old 01-17-2008, 07:25 AM
They call me Cooter..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL w6v2 box help...

Sooo,
I just got a pair of these and i'm building a box for them this weekend. I used to work at a shop in tampa so im not a retard, I've built a ton of boxes but always like recomendations. What i was thinking was building a box with extended top and sides where the subs are recessed then cap the front and cut 2 holes for 3" pvc ports to go through my rear deck. I did this before with 2 audiobahn alum 12's and it sounded great. Ive gotten out of custom stuff in the past year but i'm getting back into it.My past few setups have just been boxes thrown in trunks. I will also be doing fiberglass and amp racks over the course og this one...any recomendations? box size/cubes? Thanks for the imput..
Tyler

Last edited by Colonel Mustard; 01-17-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Not real sure what you mean, but it sounds like you're talking about making a bandpass type enclosure using your rear deck?
Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 AM

You don't really have to extend the box though. Just build it to the spec on the spec sheet. If you want it closer to the rear deck, build a sub floor and it will make it easier to line up the ports from the box straight up through the rear deck (sounds simple, but lining up to cut the holes in the cars rear deck in the perfect spot is actually one of the hardest parts). What car is it going into (you have like five of them in your sig...)?

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 01-19-2008, 11:54 AM
They call me Cooter..

maybe the lexus or the jetta...I have so much shit laying around my garage i could put a system in all of them. I aquired so much shit installing. The mdf is in my garage but im being picky about what kind of box.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Ahh. If you decide to port through the rear deck (of whichever vehicle you end up choosing...), post pics of the progress. I think alot of members here would like to see how it is done as I get alot of questions about it. People don't understand the amount of labor involved and don't feel it usually justifies the expense at the shop level. I think they sound excellent when done properly however and are worth the labor.

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 01-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Project.A

build box to jl specs....that what i did

Ride(s)
Green Lightning 10r :'( Sold :'(
Project Silvia :'( Sold :'(
2002 BO Lexus Is300 Rip :'(
2003 BO Lexus IS300 Sport Design (Project Altezza)
2010 Black Louts 10r :'( Sold :'(
1996 200sx Ser gtir swap 350hp SOLD
***More to come***

Car Stereo Installer for hirecome to me for your Audio Needs!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Yeah if you do a blow thru box the right way it will really sound loud as hell, just make sure you make a big enough port and seal it good to the back deck...Kai