Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

01 pathfinder headunit question...

Old 01-11-2008, 05:59 AM
bassheadsent.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 pathfinder headunit question...

i just bought a 01 pathfinder and love it...but the 6 disk has quit working. im looking for ideas to replace it, an ideas? i odnt want to just buy a cd player and have a pocket put it ( it has a double din in it now, cd tape and radio) i dont need a tape player but i think the pocket to fill the rest of the area looks kinda cheap... what else could i do to replace this hole unit aside from a cd player and a pocket or filler piece? i will probably be adding a 12 and new door speakers all around, i know there is a factory amp issue thats not a big deal (bose system) so give me your aftermarket ideas!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 AM
King of Ricers

Buy a double din CD player or a double din DVD in dash.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
All American, rice eater!

only thing i would do would be a double din - cd/dvd navigation piece.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:27 PM

Although we used to shun them, we have installed quite a few of the Dual brand double din dvd receivers and have never actually seen any of them fail. I started to sell them earlier this year for right at 400 bucks or so and have yet to warranty one out. Picture is suprisingly good and obviously quality of components isn' t bad either. the XDVD 8261 or 8281 seems to be what most people are going for. Check it out-decent alternative for upgradeing factory DDIN...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
bassheadsent.net

iv seen these dual units and i was told the same about them, for what your spending it seems to hold up really well- thnx for all the feed back i think i will end up going ddin tv/dvd now i just need to figure out how to tie in the factory flip down...
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore
iv seen these dual units and i was told the same about them, for what your spending it seems to hold up really well- thnx for all the feed back i think i will end up going ddin tv/dvd now i just need to figure out how to tie in the factory flip down...
Are you sure it is a factory flip on a 2001? Manufacturers really weren't doing factory flip downs much until like 2003 and later. I really never remember seeing a factory flip down in one of these Pathfinders, and mainly because we have installed many aftermarket one's due to the lack of availability from the factory. I checked PAC to see if there is an aftermarket plug n play solution to tie a replacement head into a factory flip and there is none. Also, Mitchell's online doesn't have factory monitor schematics that I can find. I would say the only solution would be to take apart the connector and experiment with a spliced video cable (not too hard) until you get a usable signal...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 AM
bassheadsent.net

the flip down was an option in the 2001-2004 LE ans SE, 2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Guide Automotive my prob is it only has one cable runnin to the video unit, this one cable has power ground video and sound, no other rca's or power or anything im going to have to pull this all out i bet
Old 01-15-2008, 06:08 AM
King of Ricers

Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore
the flip down was an option in the 2001-2004 LE ans SE, 2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Guide Automotive my prob is it only has one cable runnin to the video unit, this one cable has power ground video and sound, no other rca's or power or anything im going to have to pull this all out i bet
its still just a composite signal. if you disasemble it at the lcd you can find ground by the wire that immediately contacts screw holes or shields of the lcd itself.

You can find positive by the anode side of a diode or the positive polarity side of a capacitor. It will also more than likely have a choke coil.

You can find the remote lead by a low gauge wire that trails to a transistor or more than likely a IC of some type.

You can find the signal lead by looking for the smallest gauge wire more than likely wound with a separate ground to reject noise.

If there are audio leads, they will be wound together and will be grouped to a totally separate set of component ICs.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 AM
bassheadsent.net

thnx alot, iv got a few ideas. now its just about waiting for time to go HU shopping...