Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

what kind of box should i use for cvr kickers

Old 11-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Ballin Beretta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of box should i use for cvr kickers

i have 2 12inch cvr kickers and i was wonder if i should have a ported,sealed,or a bandpass subwoofer box?

right now i have a sealed box and it sounds pretty good but it rattles the hell out of my trunk. is there any possible way that a bandpass subwoofer box makes less rattle to the trunk(hatch)-i have an acura integra
Old 11-03-2007, 03:36 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by Mafiakiller
i have 2 12inch cvr kickers and i was wonder if i should have a ported,sealed,or a bandpass subwoofer box?

right now i have a sealed box and it sounds pretty good but it rattles the hell out of my trunk. is there any possible way that a bandpass subwoofer box makes less rattle to the trunk(hatch)-i have an acura integra
less sound = less rattle.

What do you think causes your trunk to rattle....?
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 PM

haha
Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Ballin Beretta

Originally Posted by P057
less sound = less rattle.

What do you think causes your trunk to rattle....?
wow dude....seriously why you have to make everyone look like a jacka$$.....just asking for help or opinions
Old 11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
isuck

wow dude....seriously why you have to make everyone look like a jacka$$.....just asking for help or opinions
I'm not, I'm asking you to think about it.
Re-read my original post.

Changing the box dynamics will only affect the frequency "sweet-spot" ranges from box to box, thereby increasing/decreasing the ability of whatever frequency is played. There isn't a special no-rattle box design. The only thing to reduce rattles is to keep the volume down under the "rattling point" and/or add weight to the offending panels that are causing the rattling (dynamat or similar product). You can also just try tightening all those panel bolts down a little more if possible.

You don't have to take offense to every post I make, I gave you the answer, just asking you what else you thought?
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

He gave you the answer to your question... Maybe alittle Brunt And crude but he answered your question.

He wasnt just being a dick.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Sound Deadner

Just my opinion, I prefer sealed boxes over any other style, and here is why a sealed box will give you plenty of bass and keep the bass tighter and cleaner than a ported box( a ported box will give you more bass though) and then band pass boxes are A. cheap crap unless specifically designed for your subs with good thick plexiglass that does not leak and you also lose all frequencies below 40Hz in a Band pass box.

What I would recomend for you is to sound deaden your trunk with some Hush Mat or another brand of sound deadner

5251 Park Blvd
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
727-546-0601
http://www.pnrcaraudio.com
Old 11-05-2007, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by pnrcaraudio
Just my opinion, I prefer sealed boxes over any other style, and here is why a sealed box will give you plenty of bass and keep the bass tighter and cleaner than a ported box( a ported box will give you more bass though) and then band pass boxes are A. cheap crap unless specifically designed for your subs with good thick plexiglass that does not leak and you also lose all frequencies below 40Hz in a Band pass box.

What I would recomend for you is to sound deaden your trunk with some Hush Mat or another brand of sound deadner
I could build a bandpass box that would destroy fqs from 30-40hz or one the is pretty decent from 30-60.

Alarm: Viper 5200
HU: Stock
Active Set-Up
Tweets: Image Dyamics CD1pro mini horns
Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8s
Amp: Kicker IX500.4 (2)
Sub Stage
Subs: (2) Dayton Audio 15" HF
Amp: Kicker IX1000.1
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Ballin Beretta

Originally Posted by P057
I'm not, I'm asking you to think about it.
Re-read my original post.

Changing the box dynamics will only affect the frequency "sweet-spot" ranges from box to box, thereby increasing/decreasing the ability of whatever frequency is played. There isn't a special no-rattle box design. The only thing to reduce rattles is to keep the volume down under the "rattling point" and/or add weight to the offending panels that are causing the rattling (dynamat or similar product). You can also just try tightening all those panel bolts down a little more if possible.

You don't have to take offense to every post I make, I gave you the answer, just asking you what else you thought?
well you kinda(what i thought)said it in a smart ass way
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Build it

727, I got the meter and the Hz Cd, you build the box and put my foot in my mouth then.

5251 Park Blvd
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
727-546-0601
http://www.pnrcaraudio.com