Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Need some car alarm suggestions.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some car alarm suggestions.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this question, but seemed to be the most logical palce to post this question up. Need some car alarm suggestions guys. Im looking for a BASIC alarm system for my car. I don't have PW, PDL, I don't need remote start and all the other fancy bells and whistles on these new high end alarm systems. The last alarm system I installed in my car was like 15-20 years ago, yes years. Im sure alarm system have come along way since back in the day. I do like the 2 way feature I have been reading on the alrams today with the LCD fob. I see the price range is VERY wide. (Looking at ebay.) Here is where I need your guys help. Im need some suggestions on a basic alarm to install in my Nissan 240, that wont cost a boat load of money.
Thanks....

Last edited by JDMbyBlood; 09-15-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:56 AM
isuck

You're right, the prices do range a lot. It's the difference between an alarm that never works and an alarm that'll do SOMETHING at least.

I have an old alarm I pulled from my old car, I have absolutely no use for it and I havent made much of an attempt to resell it since I've been so busy.
It's just gathering dust now, so I'll sell it to you for an extremely low price of 25 bucks.

This alarm did have a massive range that made it from one end of the super walmart parking lot allllll the way into the car section where it started to fizzle out. That's about a 1/8 mile and through a brick wall.

Ask notladstyle, he's your in-house cheapy alarm expert .
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 AM
could be worse

id recomend somthing from DEI. hornet, valet, viper, clifford ,there all the same.
and then have notladstyle on here install it.

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 AM

$25.00, You cant beat that!! What brand is it?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:24 AM

Tim, Thanks for the reply. Im checking on the ones you mentioned. I've noticed just about every one of the alarm systems have a remote start. It seems like to get the system with the 2-way is going to be at least $150.00. I guess thats a reasonable price.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:46 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by JDMbyBlood
Tim, Thanks for the reply. Im checking on the ones you mentioned. I've noticed just about every one of the alarm systems have a remote start. It seems like to get the system with the 2-way is going to be at least $150.00. I guess thats a reasonable price.
Yeah, that's the only reason why I boxed up this alarm and went with another one.... till my car broke down and someone stole it.

Anyways its a compustar alarm.

Compustar - 2WSS-S - Two-Way Remote Starter 900MHz Spread Spectrum, 1-Remote up to 1.25 Mile range 2WSSS

that's it right there (the remote).

Get notladstyle to install it for you and you get a $280+ dollar alarm installed for about half the price of one retail minus installation.

Only thing I note though is that the remote only sometimes gets to be a pain in the butt when you first get it installed and start using it, then it gets easier and it stops being that way. I loved the ability to autolock doors after a couple of seconds in case if you forgot to do so.
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
King of Ricers

Dan's compustar seems to be just what you are looking for. It's got excellent range and a two way pager.

I installed and removed it with care so it's in good shape... as long as he hasn't lost any of the harnesses

Installation into a 240 should be reasonable too. msg me on aim if you need it installed.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
DC Crew Member #1

Go with DEI (directed) for sure...they have plenty of 2-way alarm systems available and I would think about adding in a motion sensor to go along with the shock sensor to make for a very nice alarm system without going too expensive because you wont be using the remote door lock feature (which you can add with a simple pair of door lock actuators).
Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 PM

I think the passenger door locks when the drivers is locked... so it only needs one actuator.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:44 PM

I have the base model 240sx. No power anything besides power steering. Maybe the door lock actuators would be something to look into, but as I was stating, just looking for a basic alarm. Right now Im looking at the Hornet 740T, and at $69.99 brand new at Circuit City, that seems to be a good price range for a name brand alarm (DEI).
What do you guys think of the Clarion UNGO SR6000? I know its way more then I need, but it does have the 2 way feature I would like to have. I found it for $140.00 which seems to be a very good price for a Clarion item. The Pyle alarms were the same price, but not sure about Pyle.

Last edited by JDMbyBlood; 09-15-2007 at 07:52 PM.