Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

NEED HELP ASAP! Engine noise issue...

Old 03-31-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did the trick I told you and it helped but not completely?

Try this, the ground wire coming from your HU to the harness, cut that and ground that directly to the car, find a solid metal place sand it down and connect it there.

Alarm: Viper 5200
HU: Stock
Active Set-Up
Tweets: Image Dyamics CD1pro mini horns
Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8s
Amp: Kicker IX500.4 (2)
Sub Stage
Subs: (2) Dayton Audio 15" HF
Amp: Kicker IX1000.1
Old 03-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Four Door Mafia

Tried again still same result. I took it down to AVE today and they checked it out. One of the guys said I was getting feedback through the RCAs so we tested the amp and its bad... It's a Rockford Fosgate Punch 450.4

Its under warranty so I'm calling them Monday to get a new one.

Any more suggestions before I send it away? The AVE guys went over all my wiring grounds and lookef for anything that could cause the problem. We redid all the grounds for the amp and HU and still have the problem. I also redid all of the engine grounds, battery terminal, and redid the HU harness and soldered all the connections. Nothing has even Helped except grounding the RCAs but that just quieted the problem a little bit.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM

i just had a pioneer headunit replaced the other day. pioneer units have a very sensitive internal fuse. if that fuse pops you will get noise. you can try calling jersey jim towers and see what they say about fixing it. i had a service plan on mine and took it back to best buy and had it replaced. i accidentally shorted a wire when i was hooking my battery back up the other day after i added an electric fan controller and i all the sudden had noise. www.sounddomain.com is also a good place for audio technical if you cant figure stuff out . they have a thread on there seomwhere that explains the poineer internal fuse crap. next time do what has been said here in previous comments and ground the headunit directly to the chassis and not through the harness. that will probably help also. good luck.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:52 PM
isuck

Did you get your problem fixed? you haven't posted back, we'd like to know the results.
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.